Which type of RCBO fits this CU?

For an RCD: As there are no RCBOs rated at 5A for this CU and not enough space nor busbars for an extra RCD, then it would need a whole new CU.
Well, another theoretical option would be to have a separate, additional mini-CU with an RCD and MCB(s) for the circuit(s) concerned. Whether that would prove appreciably cheaper than a new CU, I don't know.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
But if that odd MCB on the left is a good fit

That ODD one was at the time the latest range that replaced the other siemens style ones.
To fit them you brought a MK Retrofit kit, this joined on to the existing bus bar and converted it from fork type to single prong type to accept the at the time new range.

It was asked what insurers had to say ...

YMMV, but I've just checked the policy document for one of my properties, and the only mention of "electric" is :
You must comply with all local authority regulations or statutory conditions regarding the Business, including,
but not limited to:-
• Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994

A previous policy, despite having 20% extra pages didn't have one mention of electic other than in various sections where it had "all gas, water and electric supplies turned off ..." in relation to empty buildings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back