rated people be warned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people I just wanted to warn all of you about rated people. I have used them when needed to for the past 2 years when it goes quiet and not had to much of a problem but now they have changed their policy so if a customer doesnt let you quote they will not refund the cost of that lead back to you. At the moment I have around £94 on my account that is refunds due to bad clients but as I am closing my membership rated people are refusing to put that money back into my bank. In the past I have paid £50 on some leads where the client has messed around and not let me quote now rated people will not
refund that money. Buy a couple of leads like that that go nowhere becomes expensive but rated people are onto a win win situation.
You have been warned use them at your own peril and expense.

Sponsored Links
Try ineedanexpert

They are free, all money is made on adverts on the site (a bit like facebook). It has only just set up this year, but I can't fault it.

Good idea but not enough traders using the site, there was only one near me for windows

Sponsored Links
Good idea but not enough traders using the site, there was only one near me for windows

As I said, it is in it's infancy, spreading the word is key. It's not going to grow rapidly overnight, be patient, these things take time.

Just a quick note, the recent changes to rated people have put me off buying leads, a client posted a job & then withdrew it the same day, they sold me the lead, I could not get to even quote as the client changed his mind. We contacted rated people & they flately refused to reimburse me.
They sold me a service that they could not fulfil & their response was unsypathetic to say the least.
I spent a lot of money with them last year.. Not anymore. They say they have brought the lead cost down but I think they still cherry pick & overcharge on certain trades. Big mistake I think they are going to loose a lot of existing clients.

Hey all,
just wanted to say hi. I am the founder of I Need An Expert.

JBPHS hit the nail on the head, we are very young in the scheme of things but are working hard to make it a success for everyone.

And we mean for everyone. We don't charge so we only win if you win and the site stays busy.

All the support we have received has been great.

Your feedback is always appreciated as we are a techy team ..you are the experts. Together we can build something great as long as we always listen to your feedback and KEEP IT FREE. It will be.

To Adamcallow
Firstly your website seems to disable my 'back' button (I use opera if thats the difference)
Secondly I admire your ambition but how are you earning a crust?
Lastly your web page has a section which explains how it works for the customer but not obviously one that explains how it works for the tradesman
Thanks

Hey Cozycats,

thanks for letting me know your having tech issue on opera - will check that out in the morning.

Ambition summarises it perfectly. We are on a mission to change things. We will make a crust when we sell advertising. On the homepage that image is an ad that is paid for.

So the harder we work, the more members we get, the more leads we win for our community the more we can charge for ads.

We set it up like this for a reason: We NEED to work hard to make this a success as we will NEVER charge our members a penny.

Great point about the 'how it works' - will get something sorted to fully explain how it works for tradesmen.

But i really appreciate you getting in touch and if there are any other questions or feedback you have I would love to hear it.

Adam C

Rated people charge the Tradesman i.e. me £30 to 'introduce' me to a customer. The introduction being a name, telephone number and email address. When the customer doesn't respond to my call or email I am £30 out of pocket. Rated People do not refund this to me. They are an absolute CON and should be Shut Down. I have written to watchdog and my local Trading Standards. How do I know whether the 'customer' actually exists??

Rated People are in business to make money, they are not there to help the customer and are not there to help the tradesman.

I was once called out by a customer to put right plumbing work done by Rated People. Had fitted an outside tap to the hot water supply. :rolleyes:

Guys, I swear a few months ago it was only possible for two tradesmen to quote for a job lead... How comes it now says that "up to three tradesmen" can do that ? I am just curious, is this again one of their stupid changes ? Thanks;

Guys, I swear a few months ago it was only possible for two tradesmen to quote for a job lead... How comes it now says that "up to three tradesmen" can do that ? I am just curious, is this again one of their stupid changes ? Thanks;

If you are quiet and wondering if the phone will ring ever again (as I found myself in Aug 2012), join, get your first quote and leave......

Mine happened to be a Boiler Replacement (punter accepted dearest option, as it happened). He chose me because I took my boots off without being asked when quoting.

I made the mistake (weapons grade!!!) of continuing 'membership' at £48 per quarter, even though though by the mid-sept I did not need them ever again.

So take (and win) the first big 'free' lead and scarper.

Best of British

DH

Sponsored Links
Back