want to turn a flat roof room into a utility/shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat extension that runs the length of my house, its on the opposite side of the house to my waste / water supply.
I have a downstairs toilet/ sink can I go under my sub floors and hook into my toilet waste ? and run the hot and cold feed from the downstairs toilet ?
it would require knocking holes through the dividing walls of my lounge ?
the pipes would run under the downstairs loo, across and under hall, under the lounge and then up through the floor in the flat room /

any advise ?
ps there is plenty of room under the floor in the loo, and in the flat room, its not as much under the lounge .....

thanks

Sponsored Links
you`ll need building regs for the drainage :idea: But you might not if you install a saniflo - worth checking out - and a saniflo isn`t too gross if there is no WC attached to it ;)

you`ll need building regs for the drainage :idea: But you might not if you install a saniflo - worth checking out - and a saniflo isn`t too gross if there is no WC attached to it ;)

I have been told that saniflow's are noisy and clog, and no one wants to service them when they go wrong, this has put me off considering one.
My plumber is happy to complete the hot and cold feed to the room however knows nothing of groundwork rules I guess I will have to ask building regs and see what they say. javascript:emoticon(':confused:')

I have been told that saniflow's are noisy and clog, and no one wants to service them when they go wrong, this has put me off considering one.
They are noisy, but attention to soundproofing and acoustic isolation should help a lot.

And they only clog if they've got solid materials to mince up - people might p*** in the shower, but that's all. Surely? :eek:

What's the floor - ceiling height in the room?

Sponsored Links
That's a shame - if you had more height you could have raised the shower tray up to make it easier to get the fall in the waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back