Masonry paint on poor plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been told that some smooth masonry paint will work wonders on a wall that ideally should be skimmed. Wall in question isn't in great condition, has a lot of scraper marks on, which will be filled and sanded, also some areas where paint has come off with the wall paper, but been reprinted over.

Was just wondering what other people think? Would masonry paint help it look like a better wall until next year when we are going to re plaster?

Sponsored Links
The masonry paint may be a bit thicker so has a bit more hiding power but if it was a 'wonder' it would be common knowledge and we'd all be doing it.

I used pliolite masonry paint on the inside of a lean to room with bad plaster etc. Nearly gassed myself on the fumes :eek:

Sponsored Links
Masonry paint has not got any better covering power then the likes of contract emulsion and on smooth surfaces it will be even worse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back