swimming pool with condesing gas boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Has anyone had experience of fitting or using a modern condensing gas boiler with a heat exchanger to heat a swimming pool ?

Chears!

Sponsored Links
I've got a 100K Btu condensing boiler for heating and domestic HW, both controlled by zone valves.

Added another zone valve for swimming pool, feeding 100k Btu stainless heat exchanger set in return from sandfilter to pool.

My above ground pool is 16ft diameter x 4ft deep, with the boiler set at max temperature and running flat out it takes just over 2 hours to raise pool temp 1deg C. Which is about right if you do the sums.

I would highly recommend keeping the pool covered when not in use to reduce evaporative cooling and if the pool is outside use a bubble wrap type solar cover to maximise heat input from the sun. On a good sunny day the top 4 inches of my pool can reach over 40deg C with the solar cover.

Hi thanks for reply.

What make and model of boiler. ( some manufacturers say definitely can't use and say it's ok ) ?

As far as I see it provided the heat exchanger is big enough to take the maximum load of the boiler, should work.

Cheers

I've got a 100K Btu condensing boiler for heating and domestic HW, both controlled by zone valves.

Added another zone valve for swimming pool, feeding 100k Btu stainless heat exchanger set in return from sandfilter to pool.

My above ground pool is 16ft diameter x 4ft deep, with the boiler set at max temperature and running flat out it takes just over 2 hours to raise pool temp 1deg C. Which is about right if you do the sums.

I would highly recommend keeping the pool covered when not in use to reduce evaporative cooling and if the pool is outside use a bubble wrap type solar cover to maximise heat input from the sun. On a good sunny day the top 4 inches of my pool can reach over 40deg C with the solar cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back