Sky Diving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone been sky diving?

I really want to go, but every time I have the money, something comes up that takes priority. I was just wondering if anyone on here had been before and what their thoughts were on the matter. :cool: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
DO IT! :D :D

It's the best fun you can have with your clothes on (although riding a motorbike through some empty twisties or scuba diving on a coral reef come close...).

I did the course and a few static line jumps and it was great. The worst part is hanging around waiting for the wind to drop. I did a few "dummy pull" jumps but never got round to doing enough for a free-fall jump.

I never did a tandem jump...

I would love to do this, I cant find anything else to give me an adrenalin rush, the big one at Blackpool was lame for me.

But being over 16 stone I am told I cant do it until I lose a couple... :(

I have done two tandem jumps and was going to do a third but the weather was crap. I try to do one when I'm on holiday now. Done New Zealand, Australia and the aborted one was in South Africa.

Great fun in many ways, love watching peoples faces as they jump out, strangely enjoy desperately trying to hold onto the contents of my stomach on the freefall. Best bit is definitely the roll out the plane door. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I've just got back from Dubai - I done my first tandem jump over the palm with a company called Sky Dive Dubai.

Absolutely amazing! Very professional, felt very safe and the dvd & photos of my jump are brilliant!

I'd say - if you're going to do a jump, do it somewhere where you have a great view to concentrate on when you jump.

I've seen photos of friends who done it over the great barrier reef also - and that looks like a brilliant location.

Good Luck - 100% recommend doing 1!

I did two static line jumps 25 years ago, the first went great, the second not so much. I tore all the tendons in both ankles on the second jump. In fact there were quite a few injuries, one girl chipped a bone in her spine.
I'm sure tandem jumps are a lot safer but be assured that if you're heavy you will hit the floor like a sack of sh**! I watched a young girl, probably about 8 stone, land on her tip toes but I was very heavy at the time at around 14 stone. Not to put you off but my ex-Maths teacher at College in North Tyneside told me an horrific tale of how her son was killed when his chute failed to open. A sobering thought!

DO IT. If you do it for charity you can take the cost out of your collection. Charities actually back this.

You will get a buzz like never before .

I've always wanted to try paragliding, less of an adrenaline rush than sky-diving but more about enjoying the feeling of flying.

You're braver than me! would take power tools to loosen my grip on the plane :D Get acrophobic standing up!

Any of the above would do me.

I wonder if I can drop hints to the wife for my forthcoming 50th... :)

Any of the above would do me.

I wonder if I can drop hints to the wife for my forthcoming 50th... :)

If you do a solo jump you'll need a note from your doc :)

Go for it, I've done a few in my younger days(charity)and the buzz still got to me every time.

I am a fully qualified B licence skydiver. I lost 3 stone to be able to start my training. that was nearly 3 years ago and other than working as a heating engineer, I do not think about anything else. it is like nothing else I have ever done. to anyone thinking of giving it a try. just do it

Tony, it was one of those things that I'd always said "i'm going to do that one day". Got to my sixtieth birthday and decided this was it - alas, because I wanted to do a solo jump, the British Parachute Association won't allow you to start it over here at that age, so, with an interest in roller coasters and planes, I went to Florida (Birthday in January). It is fabulous, that drop at about 120mph, and then the bliss of the opening canopy and the ability to maneouvre on the wind, fantastic. Go for it, none of us know what's "round the corner".

My "yeeha" moment....
IMG_0048_zps768fe010.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back