Electric Gates - NICE Popkit (motor positioning)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to fit the motor for the electric gates so that the arm operates on the lower of the three gate cross members as shown below. Does anyone know if there is any reason for this not to work just as well as the middle one which possibly would be the norm?

Gatephoto_zpsc7c4c4d3.jpeg

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If this is in the UK then you will have to conform to the maker's installation instructions and the regulations that apply to electrically operated gates. This is necessary to ensure there is no risk of injury to people when the gates operate. The law was toughened after a child was killed by electric gates.

Operating force applied at the bottom of the gate may tend to warp the gate more than if the force is applied higher up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - I already have the gate kit so I can't change it now. The kit comes with built in sensors etc for safety so I think I am ok on that front (fitting in France). The only question really was would using the lower position for the motors put additional strain on the gates. I think the answer is 'yes' but as the gates are really well built and move freely on their axis, I don't think it is going to be a big issue.
Thanks.

Vegitation, style of verge, roof tiles and pitch of house opposite all suggest southern climes.

Yes, and the blue sky. :mrgreen:

Stonelight_zps433b2ec6.jpeg

Thanks for comments so far. I have carved out recesses for lights in local stone and I want to add the supplied photocells underneath the lights as showed (also recessed). The photocells are NICE MOFB / MOFOB class D detectors. Can anyone please advise if the proximity of the lights (5w downlighters) will interfere with the operation of the detectors?
There is nothing in the manual but I want to be sure before I carve out further recesses.
Thanks,
O

Sponsored Links
Back