How do you fix a slotted fence panel at a right angle?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We're buying new fence panels and slotted concrete fence posts to make a new fence around our 3m x 6m x 3m rectangle patio enclosure.

On the Wickes website (UK) there is only one slotted concrete post. Is it assumed that you do not need a right-angle slotted post for corners? If so, what is the standard way of fixing two fence panels together at a right angle with a standard slotted fence post? I've noticed two small holes in the post, do you bolt one fence panel to the post at a right angle, whilst the other panel goes into the slot as normal?

The concrete slotted post available is:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Slotted-Concrete-Fence-Post-100mmx60mmx2-4m/p/540063

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
I couldn't find one of those corner posts up here either....I ended up concreting in two posts, one turned 90 deg to the other.
Not the easiest way to sort the job!
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back