Bosch Oven Dead - Need some advise please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a used oven in good condition and assured working when it was removed, however when wired up to test it, there's no display on the timer no signs of life at all. I'm taking the sellers word in good faith so is there anything else I can check? The connection is the 'wired in' type massive chunky grey lead. Model Bosch HBN131250B

Sponsored Links
No internal fuses in these that I'm aware of.....are you certain your power supply is good? No breakers tripped or anything?
John :)

Thanks for the reply John, circuit fine as swapped the connections over from our existing oven so I could test the Bosch.

Hmmm well on all the appliances I've seen, the clock comes on automatically (but sometimes it needs to be set before the oven will work).......
Presumably you've reconnected the original cooker and thats ok.
You've checked the internal wiring connections beneath the cover on the new oven, I guess.

Sponsored Links
Existing oven came back on no probs when reconnected, haven't touched any wiring inside the oven although there is a torx-headed panel at the back for access to these (standard I guess).

I'd check the wiring under the torx screw panel, but can't suggest anything else!
Presumably the new oven came from a house and not commercial premises!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back