Have People Suddenly Started Spending Again?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After several average years, it seems to have gone very busy. Almost to the point of having to turn work away. Even quoting more than normal doesn't seem to put people off.

Since the beginning of this year, work seems to find me rather than me having to find it. Interesting to know how those also in plumbing and heating plus other trades are finding things this year.

Election year next year, so I suppose it's only natural that they'll want a bit of a boom beforehand.

Sponsored Links
I do timber work and general building and garden maintainence and ok so I've only been SE for about two years but I've found myself turning work down as I'm very busy at the moment and have been all this year.
Could mean that we have the best government ever and we are all richer or probably more likely people are spending their money rather than bothering to save with the lousy interest rates and all have the feeling we are heading for an even bigger crash where all those pound notes will be worthless. Just like the Weimar Republic . Or I could just be on a doomer :D

I thought the rest of the post made that evidently clear , but as an additional hint :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A wasted wit or maybe just a lack in the first place ?
To return to the original question, people on here seem reluctant to answer whitespirit's question so I asked the same on another forum. Many from building , tourism to plastic moulding injectors have noticed a recent upturn.

I would say yes - I know many firms that have been struggling over the last couple of years to the point of nearly closing down. However, things seem to be on an up at the moment for tradesmen! :D

The tories always pull us through when the going is tough.

Just a shame that lacky nick clegg had to be in tow.
On the bright side he'll be put out to grass shortly. :LOL:

we could be heading towards another Oil Crisis within the next few weeks.

Another problem the Condems hoped would not crop up until after next years election is that the Bank Interest Rate looks like it is going to rise in the very near future,
The Canadian brought in to ensure the Bank Interest Rate would remain low seems to be unable to cope with the situation.

Both these problems around the same time could knock back the economy far worse than when they first came to power

Sponsored Links
Back