How to fully RESET HONEYWELL Galaxy G2-20 system; lost pin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone.

This is my story of woe.

Last year, I successfully installed, programmed and commissioned a Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 system, with 4 wireless door sensors, RF module, external Bell.
The whole system worked like a dream for over 13 months. Then suddenly I was unable to set the system due to an RF problems wrth the front door wireless sensor.
The door sensor would sometimes say it is open when the door was closed and sometimes vice versa.
I changed the battery in the sensor, but to no avail. I then thought to change the sensor as I suspect there may be something intermittent with it.(I bought a spare).
But I cannot remember how to get into the Engineer mode so that I can access menus 50 and 60. I did enable LVL 3 mode from option 43 then enable.
I suspect that I have attempted to use an incorrect Engineer mode pin, as i cannot remember for sure.
What I need help with please is the correct procedure to totally reset the whole system, so that I can start all over again, as I did when I initially installed it using the manuals.

Best Wishes and Thanks in Anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Just cold start the system that will fully reset it and it will need reprogramming again
Do this by;
Removing the battery,
Disconnecting the mains supply
And removing the watch battery that's on the control pannel.
Then just re connect the all with the mains power being last.

All the codes will be reset
Eng-112233
Ming- 12345

The G2 series does not have an on-board battery. That's the G3/Dimension you are describing.

Sponsored Links
Oh Iv got a g3 ATM, my only house had a g2 and all I did was litrally did was cut all the power it worked for me
Read this aswell
"
remove mains
remove battery

put a link between 0v and tamper on the siren out pins on the pcb

remove connections to zone 1 (1001)

defeat panel tamper switch, put the end station panel screw in place
then power the panel up bay battery first then mains

enter default code 1234 (or12345)
this should silence the system
then ESC
then enter default engineers code 1122 or 112233 depends on software version
then ENT
enter engineer code again that should default back to factory"

Bt I didn't do any of that and it worked

Hi guys, i know this post is rather old but im hoping for some help, i work for an additional support needs organisation and we were given a honeywell galaxy panel for a class project,we got t all wired up however on powering on it says alert! enter code. i have no idea what to do?

thanks, Lee :)

Yeh unfortunately nothing seems to work and ADT Say that it can be used unless it’s monitored or on a contract

This worked for me to reset the alarm codes to default. I have a G2-20 panel, but I believe it works on the G2-44 also.
Remove all the covers from panels
pull fuse for mains.
Disconnect batteries.
Disconnect wire from Tamper (marked T on board)
Disconnect wires from zone 1 and link with a bit of wire.
Reconnect batteries and replace fuse for mains.
User code 1234
Engineers code 112233

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back