Dangerous "grinding" disk on the market...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if you've got these in the UK but just in case, a general warning...

I recently bought a few 125mm disks for my angle grinder which I thought could be used for "grinding" (something which most disks are NOT suitable for), as the disks bore the word GRINDING in big letters.

It turns out that this is the "trade name" of the disks, and in small print they are marked "not for grinding", as almost all other angle grinder (cut-off) disks are marked.

View media item 76253 View media item 76254
As you can imagine, this might cause a serious accident if anyone uses the disks for grinding; normal disks are not designed to tolerate side load and (could) will disintegrate with serious consequences.

* * * ALWAYS USE EYE PROTECTION WHEN USING AN ANGLE GRINDER * * *

Just thought I'd let you know. I don't think these disks would be on the UK market but you may find them in some places. Don't be fooled like I was!

Manufacturer's website (in Italian): www.grinding.it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back