Positive Discrimination - Positive Action

Sponsored Links
Meeting him off the bus in Bradford is closer to the truth. :LOL:
It's a lot further from home, but if he want's to take your advice, I doubt BT and I will ever be sharing a beer on the patio, watching the sun go down.

You know, I've come to the conclusion; to say anything to you or your comrade-in-arms, Whiteghost, is useless, but to not stand up to bully boys and say nothing is cowardly.

Sponsored Links
As late and as tired as I am of this infighting.

By all means, BT, when you're visiting France PM me.

If he produces a pair of handcuffs, run for the hills. :LOL: :LOL:
I don't think he would and neither do you LMB.

I think if we all met we'd have a good night tbh.

That's the vulgur and unsociable side of social networks. It makes enemies of people who would ordinarily get on well and work out their differences instead of communicating in this unhealthy way.

Not good :(

Meeting him off the bus in Bradford is closer to the truth. :LOL:
It's a lot further from home, but if he want's to take your advice, I doubt BT and I will ever be sharing a beer on the patio, watching the sun go down.

Thus missing out on the sneaky little blowy.
Your attempted insults are becoming rather disconnected. Is that a reflection of your personality?
First it's something to do with handcuffs, then it's a suggestion that I'm not in France, and now you're making suggestions about the wind. It's does get a little windy here occasionally because we are near the top of the hill, but nothing to worry about.

Do try to act sober and if you are going to try your hand at insults, you'll need to make your comments intelligible, just so that I understand it's an attempted insult.

I see you're stuggling with very short thought processes again.
Will it deteriorate into slurred single syllable comments from you?

It can do... it's up to you. :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I see you're reduced to your vocabulary of single syllable swear words, and even that took several attempts. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You remind me of a drunken man mumbling something just before he falls over. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But I do like you, you make me laugh. :LOL: :LOL:

Positive action - " In the United Kingdom in Harriet Harman's Equality Act 2010 ss 158-159, the term is used in the context of employment to allow selection of a candidate from an "under-represented" group, so long as he or she is no less than equally qualified compared to another potential candidate that is not from the under-represented group."

Which could equate to "We are giving the job to someone else, because you are the wrong gender / colour / race / religion."

If the above is a fair and true representation of PA, I wouldn't support that, either.

I agree Brigadier. That's why I prefer my take which has a small but significant difference. Gratuitous re-posting...
Fair-minded Tone said:
What I have just seen in an interview from a woman Liberal MP puts it very well. (I wish I’d thought of it). Although she is talking about gender it applies equally here.

She disagrees with positive discrimination saying that it should be Positive Action instead. So, if there are not as many women or minority groups in any particular field or job, those groups should be encouraged or incentivised, (my words), to go into those fields or positions.

That way you have a level playing field with more applicants and a high probability of achieving or exceeding your target without any discrimination whatsoever.

Got it. Her exact word was "encourage".

Sponsored Links
Back