Therapy session with ajstoneservices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a reply to ajstoneservices, but thought it easier to take it away from the Positive Discrimination thread . Having been away from the forum that one has ballooned. Apart from me getting a forum fix, I need his help to get my ego down to normal size. As for self esteem, it may be that mine is too high, rather than low.

The link to the post is here:
//www.diynot.com/forums/genera...-positive-action.400113/page-11#ixzz2zYwvaTxD

It's tired, predictable and easy to recognise it for what it is , but worryingly through the ages, these kind of people are often manipulated by others due to their lack of reasoning abilities.

Fair play to the few posters who ,even on an anonymous Internet forum,recognise this and can hold to their principles.

Still ,seeing the true mindset of other posters gives a good insight into their agenda when making contributions in other debates.

Perhaps this post tells us something about your own self esteem ? or more likely, your over inflated ego :rolleyes:

Quite possibly, but the theory that the bully (who picks on others because they are different )suffers from low self esteem is standard fare. Open to debate though.

Have I struck a chord with you that led you to respond?

Perhaps you could help me with my self esteem and deflate my ego back to more manageable proportions by showing how my post led you to ask the question.

Sure I can help you. Read back your own contributions to these threads.

Why do You choose to support one group of posters over another. Why do attempt to belittle other posters when you don't agree with their post. Is it because you don't like 'these type' of people?

You say we are all equal, your posts suggest you mean in an animal farm sort of way.

So, to give you a reply (your words quoted "like this":

“Sure I can help you. Read back your own contributions to these threads.”
Something more specific would be of more help to me, but further down I will pick a recent post of mine that you may have reacted to. Feel free to use another.

“Why do You choose to support one group of posters over another.”
I usually support the arguments that are made, rather than a group of posters. There are a few here that I generally remember the views of, but certainly not them all. It’s the general way of things that people with similar views tend to weigh in on the same side of the argument. I’m not that familiar with your posts, so forgive me, but is it fair to say that you tend to stick with one set of views too? From the Posiitive Discrmination thread, I started another one (Rooney) which put forward an alternative – is that following a group? But really, How is your point relevant to my point on bullying and self esteem?

“Why do attempt to belittle other posters when you don't agree with their post”
If you are referring to those who belittle entire swathes of humanity based on them coming from a different place, looking different or having different lifestyles, then I would have thought they would be a bit more robust when they themselves or their posts on a forum are belittled.

If you say that I do this, I won't call you a liar -I am sure there are examples of it (though one or two quotes would be nice though to help me to reflect on my posts) – but generally I try to belittle the paucity of the argument. On a scale if 1 to 10, where would you place me as a beliitler? What kind of names have I called people that you find objectionable , for example ?

“ Is it because you don't like 'these type' of people?”

I’m sure the posters here are like any cross section of society when met in person. However, I do find some of the views disagreeable, many of the comments childish; and the arguments (mostly resorting to avoidance) laughable and all to easy to dismiss. I dismay that so many people defend their world views so poorly. I have great respect for someone with whom I disagree but that can make a good argument.

"You say we are all equal, your posts suggest you mean in an animal farm sort of way."
Let’s not be too woolly here,(this is the kind of arguing that I find lamentable).
.To be specific to the context of your statement - Which posts of mine suggest that a formerly oppressed minority should take charge over others
Or to be more general – which posts of mine suggest that one group should have more rights than others?
And if I could direct you back to another specific point in my post – do you aknowledge that it is a widely accepted theory that people who pick on others because they are different often have low self esteem – is a simple Yes or No too much to ask?
So going back to a post of mine that you may have thought belittling – I choose this because it was after this you made your comment about me belittling people .

It's called genetics. Blacks and Whites are different in many ways but this is a good example. Most White men eventually get married, have kids, etc.. that is their GOAL. Not with black guys. They want to impregnate as many women as possible. That is their GOAL.

Whites and blacks do not share the same cultures, values, etc... it's no surprise that so many ****as fail.

I am just picking this one out as an example of the lack of critical reasoning that racists have.

This issue is a complex mix of economics, social factors and individual choices.

Are you saying that all young white males stick with their partners and children?

If We find one that one doesn't , will you claim that it is genetic in that case?

Dear me.....

Now – if you agree with Norcon and think that the tendency to abandon your offspring is genetic , please enlighten me with something to support it , otherwise we have to accept that the gene for abandonment is not confined to one racial group.
But my main point for you is this – I was belittling the argument there, not the poster. I do not care which ‘group’ you think he belongs to .
Not so long ago I posted this in response to one of his
‘Thanks, Norcon.Your perspective is worth considering.’
And also
‘I think you have put it very well, Norcon. I'm glad I got you to comment.
This is a very nuanced topic, and very hard to make black and white statements on individual cases. ..............the people you mention ,among others, show the power of the human spirit.
Cheers.’

Hardly the posts of someone who sticks with 'groups' and belittles the person rather than the argument.

So after me putting a day's worth of waffle into one post - if you are unable to engage on the specifics above, remember my question to you was

'Perhaps you could help me ..... by showing how my post led you to ask the question'

Sponsored Links
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It works for some ;)

Edit: Not read your post yet Micilin will read it later when I have next to nothing to do. Now I have to go fight some Pantiles :cry:

Sponsored Links
Now if that is a direct challenge to me and my long posts, then I'm up for it. ;)
Sorry, didn't mean to trivialise.
I won't come out in public support for the reason mentioned earlier in another thread, i.e. not wanting to potentially create groups or factions.

OK Micilin I've just read your post. :cry:

I just don't know what to say after all the trouble you've gone to to prove me right :LOL:

Are you a teacher?

I'm not sure that your response, aj, was proportional to anything Micilin posted. But if a newbie came on here and saw this thread first, it wouldn't put you in a kind light. (Assuming you want to be seen that way occasionally).

Does your sig reflect how you feel you should always be? :rolleyes: Sometimes I'm a cat. Sometimes I'm a mouse. Sometimes I'm a great big beaver hacking away at the tree of lies, deceit and unfairness.....

I'm not sure that your response, aj, was proportional to anything Micilin posted. But if a newbie came on here and saw this thread first, it wouldn't put you in a kind light. (Assuming you want to be seen that way occasionally).

BT, I'm not very good at this therapy stuff am I :confused: Fook it, I best stick to being a **** :LOL:

OK Micilin I've just read your post. :cry:

I just don't know what to say after all the trouble you've gone to to prove me right :LOL:

Are you a teacher?

No, A plasterer since I was a lad, though I am lucky enough to be doing some other things now as well.

What makes you think I am a teacher? That probably says more about you than me !

I am genuinely disappointed if that is the best reply you could come up with. I thought perhaps you could have made an effort to back up what you said and been someone worth arguing with. Or at the very least addressed one or two direct questions or points.

Sadly, as a result my ego remains inflated and my self esteem unaffected ,so the board will have to put up with my posts for a while longer - and even worse
You've missed a chance to save the more sensitive souls from my belittling their arguments.

:D

A plasterer :eek: fook me that used to be a mans job.

I have no control over who posts what where or when. So you continue to post away. You might want to add a signature along the lines of "I'm a fragile soul so please be careful what you posts as I'm easily upset"

Anyway, if you weren't an egotistical prick why would you start this thread? If it was to tell everyone here I'm a ****, guess what, they know :mrgreen:

You sure you don't do any teaching.

A plasterer :eek: fook me that used to be a mans job.

I have no control over who posts what where or when. So you continue to post away. You might want to add a signature along the lines of "I'm a fragile soul so please be careful what you posts as I'm easily upset"

Anyway, if you weren't an egotistical p***k why would you start this thread? If it was to tell everyone here I'm a ****, guess what, they know :mrgreen:

You sure you don't do any teaching.

Crikey, I now need to add fragility to my flaws. It's probably a result of using irony too much.

I suspected you could not engage, but thought it worth a try.

Never mind, the thread served a purpose.

Intriguing fascination with teachers though, I hope they didn't make you feel inferior too.

If you had a bigger d ick I would feel inferior. You're being a bigger d ick makes me laugh :LOL:

You sure you don't teach.

Sponsored Links
Back