elderly grants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there does any one know if my nan would be eligible for a grant for a swaping a bath for a shower cubicle ,shes now 107 and still fighting fit bless her and she was asking how much it would cost for a shower fitted as she cant get in the bath no more :( so before i ask round for quotes i though id ask folk on her to see whats out there for help many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Have you spoken to Age Concern? I think they call themselves Age UK now they would be the ones to point you in the right direction.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
you need to contact her local councils adult social care team, they can send OT's out to assess her needs, in many cases they make alterations needed at no cost...as its cheaper to keep someone in their own home for as long as pos.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
It's a brave person who gets the authorities involved with anything. If she can't cope with getting in a bath then it's only a matter of time before the powers that be decide she can't cope with anything and thus sieze her assets and shove her into some private care home.

Seriously though op, I hope things are sorted out for her and that she remains well. All the best. :)

Social services normally look after such things. My elderly father contacted them and they paid to convert the old coal house in to a modern shower room and update the adjacent toilet.

Back