New Plaster sand down between coats of matt paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi if you see my previous post you will see had walls replastered.They have had 2 mist coats and now 2 coats of matt paint but are still very patch and dimply. Going to try another coat tomorrow but should i sand the walls down first. Have read on some posts that you can oversand is that true? Any help would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You applied the paint too thick (not watered down properly) and probably used to hairy a roller. Sand it back but not too much or you'll rough it up and get 'suede' which means a re-plaster.

Hi i used a Hamilton Vantage smooth and textured roller. I thgt perhaps the paint was too thick! Could you tell approx what consistency it should be - I know this is difficult to describe but any help would be appreciated. Please don't say i will have to replaster or there will be a divorce in this house!!!
Regards

Usually about 5% water. When you roller you should NOT see roller stipple. It should be flat and smooth,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back