iPhone USB lead

Two girls at work have iPhones.. One has the iPhone 4 and the other one the iPhone 5. The took each others chargers by mistake the other week.. Guess what,,,,, The iPhone 4 charger won't fit into the iPhone 5 and vice versa... How many manufacturers bring out a "newer" phone (which looks almost exactly like it's predecessor) but changes the charging socket ?? Only bloody Apple could pull a stunt like that. (btw, a cursory glance at each charger, and they both look identical,,, but they aren't) ;) ;) ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
no.. it's an ok presentation layer based on a free BSD Kernel.

The kernel is not a line-for-line copy of FreeBSD's kernel. It has chunks of FBSD code, it's also a hybrid kernel and their device drivers are entirely different.

There is a great deal more to the OS than you apparently appreciate, but you will not see it, all you want to do is attack it.

guess it depends on what you define as an OS. For instance the windows OS from NT onwards has had pretty much the same executive, just different presentation layers.

guess it depends on what you define as an OS. For instance the windows OS from NT onwards has had pretty much the same executive, just different presentation layers.

Yes, and near total rewrite of the kernel with multiple added and removed features.. all the same, though! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Yes, and near total rewrite of the kernel with multiple added and removed features.. all the same, though! :rolleyes:

ok I'll believe you.. although why device drivers are considered part of the OS is beyond me.

ok I'll believe you.. although why device drivers are considered part of the OS is beyond me.

Well the OS doesn't work without them, and when the OS is built for specific hardware, how it handles that hardware is core functionality..

Eh? Kernels? Presentation layers? I think I was born 40 years too early.

JB, what are you like?

Don't you know anything?

The presentation layer is responsible for the delivery and formatting of information to the application layer for further processing or display.

And kernels are the small soft bits inside seeds or nuts.

JB, what are you like?

Don't you know anything?

The presentation layer is responsible for the delivery and formatting of information to the application layer for further processing or display.

And kernels are the small soft bits inside seeds or nuts.

Ah, yes. I understand kernels.

What's an 'application layer'? Is it a bit like a bandage?

Can I get any plaster of Rotherham?

Paris is a bit too far to go.
:LOL: :LOL:

\me runs before this thread gets locked.

Sponsored Links
Back