Old Sanyo TV to show Freeview?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly is it possible? Its an old TV with push buttons for the channels 1-8. I have a freeview box and bought an RF modulator. I have tried to source images of how to wire these in the correct order. I have seen some diagrams whereby a VCR is required. Is there a way around making this work without the VCR? I'm personally not really up on this sort of thing, however my other half would like to use it in the kitchen, fits with the décor! Currently all I can get is "snow" picture! Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Mark

Sponsored Links
Aerial to RF in on freeview box. Scart or composite video and audio from output of freeview box to input of modulator. RF out on modulator to TV. Then you will have to tune the TV to the modulator.

Just an update. Pretty much bang on. I have the Freeview installation screen on the tv but it continues to roll/flicker up and down the screen. I've tuned it in the best I can on the tv. Would this require me to put a booster in the aerial to sort this out? I have noticed on all my other TV's which are built in freeview signal is 71% but I receive all channels!

Sponsored Links
The TV sync separator isn't working properly. This suggests that the signal from the RF modulator is too weak or too strong or you haven't tuned the TV correctly.
How old is the TV?
What's the make and model number?
What RF channel number are you using? (Try others)
What signal strength is displayed?
How long is the cable from modulator to TV?

Sam. The TV is old but not sure what age. Sanyo model CTP 3131. Serial number L8030253. RF channel is 46, that is the only one that picks up a signal. The cable is 1m in length. Signal not sure as i cant read the screen but everything else on my aerial is 71%.
Regards
Mark

Try changing the RF modulator channel to 66 then tune the TV to it.
The cable may be too short, providing too strong a signal to the TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back