Baxi 105e getting stuck on hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We have an issue with our boiler that has been getting ever worse over the last few years. The situation is this:

If the boiler is either on standby or providing central heating and we then open a hot water outlet we get hot water out all fine.

The problem is that when we turn off the hot tap the boiler can get stuck in hot water mode and not revert to central heating.

As a work around, we have to turn the boiler off, leave for 5 mins and then turn it back on again.

It isn't too much of a bother but it can be a bit annoying having to go up and down the stairs just to perform this task.

I'm suspecting something to do with the diverter valve.

What do we think?

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

We have an issue with our boiler that has been getting ever worse over the last few years. The situation is this:

If the boiler is either on standby or providing central heating and we then open a hot water outlet we get hot water out all fine.

The problem is that when we turn off the hot tap the boiler can get stuck in hot water mode and not revert to central heating.

As a work around, we have to turn the boiler off, leave for 5 mins and then turn it back on again.

It isn't too much of a bother but it can be a bit annoying having to go up and down the stairs just to perform this task.

I'm suspecting something to do with the diverter valve.

What do we think?

I had the self-same problem & it was, as you say, the diverter valve. I had a plumber change it for about 70 quid.

Good luck with getting it changed for 70 quid. You can get service kits for those valves. Easy job.

15 minute fix start to finish and as 45year says usually solved with a 15 quid part

Sponsored Links
15 minute fix start to finish and as 45year says usually solved with a 15 quid part

It may well be an easy job not if it's a rental property & you live 150 miles away.

Also I thought it was a criminal offence for a non-Gas Safe person to remove the case from a boiler, let alone service any of the parts, or has the law changed.

Its not illegal as such but you dont need to remove the combustion cover to fix this fault.
And the law hasnt changed in regards that

You replace it by paying someone £70 to call and do the job rigth! It means disconnecting a water joint above the pcb which if a drop of water gets on ul be in serious trouble!

Sorry I was thinking as it was a 15 minute job that I should be able to sort it myself. I've had a price to fix it for £125. Would you say that's acceptable or too much more than the £75? I'm in Stoke-on-Trent for reference. Cheers

This is slightly the issue as well as I have previously had the hot water differential valve replaced at a cost of £125 and the same plumber has quoted me £300 for the complete diverter valve assembly including pre-filter on the cold inlet.

That's why I've got the price of £125 from a second plumber. He says it's also for the complete diverter valve assembly but seems to low against the £300.

Think a third a price might be required lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back