Subway

Do you have a link to your source infromation,
I assume you have your information from the DM.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...res-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html
If you google it you will see that there are several news sources with the same information, not just the DM
I was well aware of that, but there were the DM, Yahoo and The Blaze.
All other news outlets that were listed, when I did the search, were local rags.
So my assumption was reasonable, don't you think?
Especially based on the "Nearly 200" headline in DM and the OP's "200'ish" comments.

Where do you think the OP read the article, especially based on the fact that Subway have introduced this merchandise since 2007 and the headline in the DM appeared only a few days ago?

My guess is the article oiginated at the DM and the others (other news outlets) have repeated it.

Sponsored Links
You don't think that Subway would sue the DM if the claim were false? Do you have temperature? Sit down old chap. You clearly aren't well. :rolleyes:

Most people who eat meat from supermarkets have eaten Halal meat

Almost all New Zealand lamb sold in this country is Halal!! and lots of UK lamb is

I didn't know that -

In any case ,how does it affect the meat in any way?

It doesnt affect the meat, people just refuse to eat it because its associated with Muslims

Some people seem to think animals in this country are slaughtered more humanely than Halal.......definitely not the case

You don't think that Subway would sue the DM if the claim were false? Do you have temperature? Sit down old chap. You clearly aren't well. :rolleyes:
I never suggested the article had false information. Another misrepesentation. :rolleyes:
I just referred to the fact that it was in 2007 that Subway took the business desicion but it was only a few days ago that DM released the article.

It was the racicts, that you support joe, (and if you are the owner, allow and encourage) who jumped to fallacious conclusions and made absurd comments.

My response was a factual, diagnostic and reasoned discussion against their ridiculous assertions.

But if you want to misrepresent my opinion as well, oh well, what else is one to expect?

Sponsored Links
If you google it you will see that there are several news sources with the same information, not just the DM>

The National News media get their information from a central source they can either investigate it properly or they can put their "own spin" on the story, according to whoever is publishing it.

Another one for the album

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...ls-halal-meat-used-in-all-chicken-dishes.html

Interesting quote:

"Meat inspector Richard North said chains such as Pizza Express served halal chicken to save money.

He added: “Keeping halal and non-halal meat is expensive and creates the risk of non-halal being fed to Muslims, which shops and restaurants know will cause uproar. Maybe they think non-Muslims are less likely to complain.”

Almost all New Zealand lamb sold in this country is Halal!! and lots of UK lamb is

Well it shouldn't be. Were I a meat eater, I'd prefer my meat to come from animals killed humanely, rather than by some outdated mediaeval method.

I didn't know that -

It doesn't affect the meat: it affects the animal.

We used to be a civilised country. Why not go all the way and skin dogs and cats alive, as happens in some oriental countries?

Well it shouldn't be. Were I a meat eater, I'd prefer my meat to come from animals killed humanely, rather than by some outdated mediaeval method.
Perhaps you should have read a little futher before making an idiot of yourself again.

There are hundreds of Halal abbatoirs in UK, who stun the animals before slaughtering using Halal methods, slitting their throats, saying "Bismillah", and ""Allahu akbar" three times.
Is this what JBR objects to? Or is that the slaughter person must be a Muslim?
The Qurʼan states that the animal must be alive when it is killed. It doesn't say anything about it being concious.
How does any other religion, or logic, differ from saying an animal must be alive before it is killed? :rolleyes:

In addition,
In Surah 5:5 of the Qurʼan, it is written: "The food of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them." Interpretation of this verse cannot and should not be oversimplified to include any food of the People of the Book as lawful for the Muslims.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal[/QUOTE]
The article goes on to explain that some food that is explicitly excluded is not covered by the 'catch-all' mentioned in the quote.

It really does illustrate how ignorance breeds prejudice.

I didn't know that -

It doesn't affect the meat: it affects the animal.

Of course it affects the animal, any and every slaughter does. :rolleyes:

We used to be a civilised country.
I'm glad you realise that your are no longer civilised. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You're trying to make anyone and eveyone else uncivilised by fermenting your dopey prejudices.

Why not go all the way and skin dogs and cats alive, as happens in some oriental countries?
Where do they skin animals alive in any oriental countries?
I think you've been reading too many fables.
Or you're confusing the skinning of animals on fur farms with the oriental eating of dogs.

Sponsored Links
Back