Kitchen Worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a new kitchen worktop for my home. At the moment I'm struggling on what to get. I like to cook a lot so I'm not sure on whether I should be going for convenience, style or both? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. The Black Star looks good and would probably work well in my kitchen. Still not sure if its the right decision but i'll definitely add it to my list of suggestions. :D

I have fitted one of them and they look great. Fitting is the same principle as a normal work top but ends/edges etc are glued on then sanded which gives it a solid look like real stone and you cannot see the joins. Works well if you have a butler sink.

So, Cheaper than real stone but more expensive than the norm.

Sponsored Links
Here are a few pics of our worktops, this is before they were washed and buffed up, finished is similar a bit more shiney with less smears :LOL:

84C060BC-5082-4449-9797-C0E50D7DC07C_zps6jjvkawm.jpg

0560F565-D1ED-4797-88D9-149E8334844C_zpscs3mypny.jpg

69FC49E0-34B6-4E20-9248-F15F0AA15188_zps7b2pxubz.jpg

I think somebody had problems with the dark earthstone worktops

//www.diynot.com/forums/your-projects/wilsonart-earthstone-worktop-help-required.399069/

I have just had compac quartz black mirror fleck worktops fitted and they are stunning, quite glossy and the only maintenance is to clean them with soapy water and buff with a microfibre cloth, lifetime guarantee.

We have a largish kitchen and I thought the price was quite good

Yeah, tbh the one I fitted was a light finish so looked fine after the treatment was added but not sure about the dark finish.

I think somebody had problems with the dark earthstone worktops

//www.diynot.com/forums/your-projects/wilsonart-earthstone-worktop-help-required.399069/

I have just had compac quartz black mirror fleck worktops fitted and they are stunning, quite glossy and the only maintenance is to clean them with soapy water and buff with a microfibre cloth, lifetime guarantee.

We have a largish kitchen and I thought the price was quite good

Yeah, tbh the one I fitted was a light finish so looked fine after the treatment was added but not sure about the dark finish.

I think the earthstone is similar to the old Capri worktop - we had this and it was great, we had it in the black option and fitted ourselves. You could sand it and treat it with oil, although not shiny it had a nice satin finish. I would have bought it again if it was available, however due to wanting the mirror fleck and finding somebody who could provide a 40mm thickness with curved units we had a choice or Silestone or Compac quartz and had to be made and fitted by a stonemason.

I think some people looking for a glossy black worktop might be disappointed with earthstone. I think it is great if they like the satin finish. Out of curiosity how shiny was the lighter one you fitted?

No unfortunately. I keep asking the customer to send some to me but nothing yet. I really enjoyed fitting them though, had some help from a carpenter. We had to route the drainer into the worktop which was a bit scary but looked good in the end.

I like the double wine cooler btw :LOL:

No unfortunately. I keep asking the customer to send some to me but nothing yet. I really enjoyed fitting them though, had some help from a carpenter. We had to route the drainer into the worktop which was a bit scary but looked good in the end.

I like the double wine cooler btw :LOL:

You need to chase that customer up, nice to have some great pics to show new customers.

Lol the wine coolers are one of my best buys ;) left one is dual zone so it takes red and white :LOL:

I think when my husband and dad fitted our old Capri worktops they were a bit worried but they did an excellent job and I think they were pleased with themselves ! (In the end!)

There is granite, and then there is GRANITE.

Some is thin and is sandwiched with MDF in the middle.

My suggestion is to ask your supplier for some previous customers 'recommendations', and see if you can choose just which big lump of granite suits you. (Perfitts in Diss - Norfolk, encourage you to visit their works to choose....). I have no formal connection with this company, but the KitchencCPmpany I subcontract with use them (usually £25k plus jobs).

DH

Sponsored Links
Back