Ideal boilers, customer service disgrace

Not if you had met or local Baxi rep. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he thinks he's Danny flocking Dyer. Very annoying. Although he did give me a couple of nice soldering rags - sooey - t shirts, and a notepad.

:mrgreen:

C'mon Dan he's a Salesman, just full of BS. Baxi/Potty/Main is no better than any other manufacturer, they're all the same.

Sponsored Links
Sorry as a landlord and home owner, I expect the person I pay to design a system and install the boiler to recommend the best boiler for me, including having a good value manufacturer's service plan. Telling a tenant that Ideal cannot come out to fit their boiler on Christmas day, is a lot better than trying to make a tenant believe that I can’t find any GS person to come out.

Any landlord reading this should join LNPG http://www.lnpg.co.uk/compare-pts-prices.php, and then you will see just how much cheaper real trade prices are compared to what most installers pretend they are paying. (PS the buying power of LNPG members is more than most national house builders.)

A GS person fitting a boiler that the landlord brought var LNPG should be able to make a lot more money for the day’s work by charging a realistic rate for labour, then the GS person that pretends to pass on a trade discount, when the real discount a normal local independent GS person gets is not great anyway. (As well as remaining under the vat limit)

However not as bad as kitchen fitters, where both Magnet and Hoydens will provide fake invoices to kitchen fitters, so the fitter can make it look like they are passing on their the 30% trade discount. The true trade discount for kitchens are 70% plus.

Interesting link/post ringi.

Can I assume they also provide the guarantee on any parts the GS doesn't supply. including standing time when you get the wrong parts or they dont work.

It's not clear what is being offered for £875. The photo shows a Vaillant Pro (boiler only), 7 single unnamed rads and one VT115 TRV under the heading 'Heating Systems'.

If, as a landlord, you're able to complete CH & DHW to your properties using only these materials then you have us all beat.

Sponsored Links
It's not clear what is being offered for £875. The photo shows a Vaillant Pro (boiler only), 7 single unnamed rads and one VT115 TRV under the heading 'Heating Systems'.

If, as a landlord, you're able to complete CH & DHW to your properties using only these materials then you have us all beat.

The quoted price will include 7 TRVs, lock shields etc and a standard flue kit. It does not include pipes etc, as any plumber the landlord uses to install a system can get pipes just as cheaply as LNPG can. (There are discounts for some of the push fit systems, but not copper, as merchants are so competitive on copper pipes anyway. I expect most trade’s people will be getting the same discounts on push fit systems without having to try very hard.)

The landlord gets to choose the make of radiators, boilers; etc provided the manufacturers are on the scheme. As I understand it, the scheme is the same as what social landlords and council housing departments have var their national purchasing agreement.

And before you ask it can only be used for properties that the landlord owns, resales are not allowed. The ownership of the property is check very carefully before the goods are shipped.

Interesting link/post ringi.

Can I assume they also provide the guarantee on any parts the GS doesn't supply. including standing time when you get the wrong parts or they dont work.

All boilers are covered as normal just as if the GS had brought them from the local PTS trade counter.

Wrong parts should not be a problem, if the GS person checks the parts order before the landlord submits it. Just think, as a GS person you can charge for creating the parts list and doing the design rather than having to give out lots of “free” quotes to customers that get 4 or 5 quotes each.

The landlord can check all part off against the order before the GS comes in to do the job. So the GS does not have to hope that the radiators arrive at the time the trade counter said they would.

(Most pipe fittings etc are best if they come out of the GS van, as I yet to see anyone predict 100% what is needed for a job.)

And before you ask it can only be used for properties that the landlord owns, resales are not allowed. The ownership of the property is check very carefully before the goods are shipped.

I wasn't going to ask, buy as you've mentioned it, even if such discounted goods found their way onto the regular market, it wouldn't be the first time. Contract priced boilers have been leaked out for years. It can be the result of falsified quantities being claimed for use through an unsuspecting or mug manufacturer's rep.

I wasn't going to ask, buy as you've mentioned it, even if such discounted goods found their way onto the regular market, it wouldn't be the first time. Contract priced boilers have been leaked out for years. It can be the result of falsified quantities being claimed for use through an unsuspecting or mug manufacturer's rep.

Much harder for a small landlord to do, as each LNPG member will only be ordering 1 or 2 boiler each year on their account for named properties. LNPG does the checks not the manufacturer's rep (that wishes to improve his sales figure by turning a blind eye).

LNPG has a list of all members properties, most members get there building insurance var LNPG as well – it’s a great policy for “professional” landlords as it does not exclude damage by cannabis farmers as well as giving group buying rates. (I just add the details of any new properties to a spreadsheet and the broker gets my money with only a few minutes work and no marketing costs.)

I expect that a lot of leakage is boiler “walking” off large building sites. It is a shame that a GS does not have to register each service including the boiler’s reference number, so stolen boilers can be tracked down.

I expect that a lot of leakage is boiler “walking” off large building sites. It is a shame that a GS does not have to register each service including the boiler’s reference number, so stolen boilers can be tracked down.

You misunderstand leakage. Not stolen, it's where discounted stock intended for a scheme finds it's way to regular outlets. Whether they are bought by landlords in 1's & 2's, someone will buy and hold a stock. That's where the falsification occurs.

and then you will see just how much cheaper real trade prices are compared to what most installers pretend they are paying. ..

Could you clarify what you mean by 'pretend they are paying'?

An independent, private installer, in the one-off trade, pays no less for a boiler than a member of the public.

The prices you're talking about aren't 'real' trade prices at all, but those that are supplied by the manufacturer with special contract support. Otherwise no-one can afford to supply them.

Indeed the only way manufacturers can afford it is by increasing prices for the independent installers, landlords accuse of ripping them off.

We are subsidising the cheap prices you now get to undercut us with,
which is sort of the whole point of the angst in this thread.

and then you will see just how much cheaper real trade prices are compared to what most installers pretend they are paying. ..

Could you clarify what you mean by 'pretend they are paying'?

An independent, private installer, in the one-off trade, pays no less for a boiler than a member of the public.

The prices you're talking about aren't 'real' trade prices at all, but those that are supplied by the manufacturer with special contract support. Otherwise no-one can afford to supply them.

Indeed the only way manufacturers can afford it is by increasing prices for the independent installers, landlords accuse of ripping them off.

We are subsidising the cheap prices you now get to undercut us with,
which is sort of the whole point of the angst in this thread.

Exactly

Good post/point Tibbot

The proof I had was when I used a kitchen fitter, I am assuming that all trades work the same way.

The fitter did a quote to install the kitchen for a low labour cost with me paying the Howden’s trade price for the unit on his account. He had a quote for Howden’s for the units showing a 30% trade discount that he used to 'show' he was passing his discount onto me.

However Howden’s will give anyone that remotely looks like a trade’s person about a 70% discount.

I also saw an electrical wholesalers news letter saying that there new quoting systems allows the trades person to choose what discount to show on the copy for the end customer.

The proof I had was when I used a kitchen fitter, I am assuming that all trades work the same way.

The fitter did a quote to install the kitchen for a low labour cost with me paying the Howden’s trade price for the unit on his account. He had a quote for Howden’s for the units showing a 30% trade discount that he used to 'show' he was passing his discount onto me.

However Howden’s will give anyone that remotely looks like a trade’s person about a 70% discount.

I also saw an electrical wholesalers news letter saying that there new quoting systems allows the trades person to choose what discount to show on the copy for the end customer.

If some one gives you a quote , than that is the price , nowt to do with you as to what the bloke is making on this or that "Its A Quote"

way I see it the bloke was a mug even showing you what discount he was or was not getting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back