One third of Britons admit being racially prejudiced

That's a very good point. Immigration has risen since 1983, so a higher proportion of non-white people would have been included in the survey year on year. One explanation for the increase in prejudice.

Sponsored Links
That's a very good point. Immigration has risen since 1983, so a higher proportion of non-white people would have been included in the survey year on year. One explanation for the increase in prejudice.
That's assuming that the immigrants since 1983 have beome naturalised British citizens because, by it's definition, the survey only included "Britons"

Thank you RH.

Without removing any obvious discrepancies or ambiguities, the study runs the risk of some people making perhaps spurious or inflammatory assumptions, to "fill in the blanks". This in itself is potentially inflammatory, and divisive.

"Publish and be damned!"

Or is the study intended to be so?
Quite so, Brigadier, the study does indeed run the risk of some people making spurious and inflammatory assumptions.
The study has been carried out every year since 1983 to monitor trends in social attitudes.

Now if your suggestion is that it's inflammatory and divisive, I would argue that your assumption is one of those spurious and inflammatory claims. Addditionally it's only a claim without a shred of supportive argument, merely your opinion of the survey.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I don't share it.

If I choose between an observation on social atitudes and how they change over time conducted by a respected body, and your opinion, I'll choose the social attitudes survey every time.

That the study is inflammatory and divisive is neither my opinion, assertion, or claim - I have just demonstrated the ability to see the world from a viewpoint other than my own.

If one cannot envisage or imagine another's viewpoint, they will be limited in what they can bring to any debate.
These weren't your words then, Brigadier:
This in itself is potentially inflammatory, and divisive.

"Publish and be damned!"

Or is the study intended to be so?
Maybe someone else's opinion, not yours?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What a ridiculous survey.

No mention of which sections of society were questioned with reference to other sections.

If you were to ask Sikh,s, about Muslims the percentage being racially prejudiced would be extremely high.

And this occurs across all immigrant races.

In fact if you were to analyse all sections of society accurately, I would be willing to bet that white English would be amongst the most tolerant of all.
What a ridiculous comment, based on imagination and guesswork.
Why don't you make suggestions to those who conduct the survey, to suggest that it would be a good idea to breakdown the degree of prejudice according to ethnicity rather than making silly claims.

Sponsored Links
What a ridiculous survey.

No mention of which sections of society were questioned with reference to other sections.

If you were to ask Sikh,s, about Muslims the percentage being racially prejudiced would be extremely high.

And this occurs across all immigrant races.

In fact if you were to analyse all sections of society accurately, I would be willing to bet that white English would be amongst the most tolerant of all.

I'm sure if the survey had asked 2000 Pakistani Muslims, which race they hate, the answer would have been "All other races."
Another dopey claim based on prejudice and guesswork.

The British Social Attitudes survey has been conducted since 1983. Prejudice is only a fraction of the attitudes that are monitored.
I think one can ssume a degree of competence on the part of the data collectors.
Yet all the arguments against the findings, on GD forum, so far, have been wild and audacious claims that some GD posters know better, and can therefore, confidently dismiss the findings.
The mind boggles. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Think you'll find he's right. Worked with plenty of indian lads and sections won't even talk to each other (don't know if its religion/regional reasons as i'm not interested) but its a fact.

Think you'll find he's right. Worked with plenty of indian lads and sections won't even talk to each other (don't know if its religion/regional reasons as i'm not interested) but its a fact.
Urban mythology again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like this Richard?

Warning - Not for the squeamish! (I couldn't watch it all :cry: )

I'm not easily upset, but it pained me to watch all of that barbaric torturing.

What comes next when the 'religion of peace' completely takes over? Ritual stoning to death?

Well, if someone asks "am I predicated against other races", the answer is yes.

But that's only because the real question should be "am I prejudiced against other cultures", but no one asks that question, academics only ever see racism.

Many other cultures are inferior to ours, the PC brigade would see people hung for saying that, but it is true. Many people recognise this and mix this with race (which is only an identifier not a cause), this problem isnt helped by an academic community that is predominantly pro multicultural, and intermixes race and culture, they think if you hate a culture you hate the race.

Yes its barbaric and each animal looks ahead and see's whats coming.
No attempt to separate the slaughter process from the live animal.
Watched that about half way through which was enough.

I don't give a sh.1t if only 0.01% of Halal is not stunned, it's as disgusting as the barbarians who perform the ritual.

At least in the civilized world we are making inroads to make the animals not suffer and get it right.

I will actively avoid anything Halal from now on. After seeing those poor sheep stacked up and desperately kicking and writhing made me sick to my stomach!

It would have been kinder, and quicker, to just behead them, but that wouldn't satisfy the sadists. And all in the perverted name of religion.

I expect that 0.01% figure came from coathanger.
Wouldn't believe that.

"In February 2014, Minister for Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Dan Jørgensen signed a regulation which banned ritual slaughter of animals without prior stunning.[18] Prior to this, religious groups could file for an exemption to the law that required stunning if they wanted to slaughter without prior stunning, although no groups had applied for such exemption. At the time, all halal slaughter in Denmark was performed with prior stunning, while kosher slaughter (which does not allow stunning) had not been practiced in Denmark since around 2004, all kosher meat being imported. In spite of this, the Muslim and Jewish Communities in Denmark strongly opposed the decree, arguing that it constituted an infringement upon religious freedom."

Seems we should follow Denmarks lead.
Its quite scary the power some of these minority groups can muster in order to lobby the government for a cause.

Though I guess with our lot they just cave in for fear of upsetting the *****************.

Yet bliar went to war killing tens of thousands of them!

Urban mythology again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rogue, look up the caste system in India. You'll find people who won't even talk to others of a lower caste. So they're guilty of prejudice.

Urban mythology my ar*e.

Sponsored Links
Back