Which boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hate these sort of questions. However, in my defence, I haven't kept up with what's going on in the domestic home heating arena, last time I took this sort of thing seriously, Keston and Viessmann were the bees-knees.
My current boiler is a WB 24CDi. Almost 17 years old. I'd like to stick with the WB Cdi range. Not expecting to get 17 years out of the next one though. Just wondering what current opinion is and if there are other equally reliable alternatives I could consider. TIA

Sponsored Links
Intergas, Atag a325ec.

Far better than a Wooshitter Botch, but it you must go for plastic crap stick with the classic range.

Vaillant are a, currently reluctant, 3rd option for me, but reluctant due to professional rather than engineering reasons.

I've read elsewhere on this forum that Intergas installers and parts support is a bit patchy. Never heard of them though, so I'll look them up.

Not been a problem with hundreds of my customers for many years. They have in house engineers now too, which I have mixed feelings on TBH.

If appearances are secondary - it is in a utility room or garage - then the Atag gives awesome hot water performance.

Marketing over substance. Means little to those of us at the coal face.

Sponsored Links
It's in an out-house. I should post a pic of the current installation but I'm too embarrassed.

That's my biggest problem, finding a decent installer. Seen too many bad installs by so-called reputable companies. Current heating system was installed by a local recommended company. Apart from the boiler, which was our choice the rest was s***e. All the pipework is getting ripped out sometime this year, new boiler or not.

Solo. you are located in Albania.

I doubt that Intergas boilers are sold there!

Why do you think that Intergas Installers are "patchy" ?

Tony

PS Have you thought about a Baxi Solo?

Boster Whoosh every time.

You've had your last one for 17 years. Get a new one and an 8yr warranty from an accredited installer.

Worcester employ more staff in Quality Assurance than Sales. And it shows in their reliability, we've had virtually no problems with their products and when there has been an issue they have been 100% behind the customer.

Had a problem with a Vaillant the other day. We put it in 1yr ago, (ecoTEC 624) needed a warranty repair.

I rang Vaillant at the annual service yesterday (2 May) direct from the customer's house. Vaillant Glowworm were experiencing unusually high call volumes (funny that, middle of summer) and I had to wait 9 minutes*. Meanwhile an automated message told me that if the fault had occurred in the first 6 months after installation I should go back to the installer.

When they eventually answered, they wanted the telephone number of the customer, and I said fine, as long as Vaillant Group Service don't use it for telesales purposes. The call operative assured me that they would never do this.

I passed the customer over and the appointment was made. What was the next thing the Vaillant call handler said?

- Would they be interested in a Homeserve extended warranty on all their appliances? If they went wrong it could cost £XXX etc....

The second thing she said?

- Would my customer like to buy a CO detector? It could be put on the van for their Thursday appointment and it would be reduced from the normal £40 to a discounted £30.

If you are thinking about a Vaillant boiler bear the above in mind. This is the last straw as far as I'm concerned. No more Vaillants going through my firm.

*I have the Vaillant priority installer access number but I use the customer number. I have to know how my customers are treated, if they have to wait 10 minutes I want to be first to know.

For those considering an Intergas boiler, please remember that this forum has, in past years, had a religious fervour for Keston, Atmos, Remeha Avanta etc. Not all of these have turned out well with the benefit of hindsight.

get your self a ravenheat csi 120 or 150 no plastic in them :wink 150 is a bargain

there nearly as good as an intergas ;) :)

And they probably sell em in Albania or just across the border any way ?

Problems/experience with Atmos?

None; I did try and buy their condensing boiler that didn't condense; but they quietly pulled it off the market.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back