Qatar world cup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
No matter what goes on in these countries, the major western powers will turn a blind eye because of their oil and our exports.

If anyone believes that we haven't have done the same then think of 2012...

Our corporates exploited cheap foreign labour then!

How else would all those companies have benefitted and allowed lord snooty and his cohorts to hoover up the cash?

The main difference is that not one person died in the construction of the London Olympics.

Sponsored Links
The main difference is that not one person died in the construction of the London Olympics.

Really?

"The death of a worker on the massive Olympics 2012 construction site in East London forms the backbone of a new and damming report by Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) union members, some of whom work on the site, exposing systematic breaches of basic health and safety, putting workers ‘at risk of injury and death’, as well as management cover-ups and deception."

http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2012/hse-olympics-research.htm

Extract from the report :

The accident frequency rate on site was 0.16 per 100,000 hours worked - less than the building industry average of 0.55, and less than the all industry average of 0.21. There were no work-related fatalities on the whole London 2012 construction programme.

Just had a look at the IWW website( of which, I didn't know existed ) and you are correct, I apologize.
One death is one too many.
That still doesn't detract from the many deaths in Qatar though.

Can I just butt in for a second and say something which very rarely gets said...

Gasman28 is a gentleman and has the decency to apologise when, (as we all can be), wrong about something.

Respect to you for that, and thanks. If only everyone was like you, and me..

Add. And Ellal didn't try to rub your face in it! Thanks and respect to you too.

If only all debates were like this.. :(

Gosh yes, let's have a smattering of marginal, inoffensive, innocuous, safe, debating.

There may be a bunch of daft racists on here but at least some of the threads aren't excruciatingly DULL.

Gosh yes, let's have a smattering of marginal, inoffensive, innocuous, safe, debating.

There may be a bunch of daft racists on here but at least some of the threads aren't excruciatingly DULL.
Are you saying it's impossible to have a CIVILised debate without recourse to mud - slinging, slagging, ad-hominem and distraction?

Fc.uk me! I'm beginning to sound like someone else! :eek:

Okay, I think you're a ****! Does that help the argument you ****?

I bet you watch emetic bile like Jeremy Kyle... :rolleyes:

............ and you have a problem with this?

So, in your ideal RH loving world, we are all abusers and racists? You two are a perfect match. You are so myopic to see that, for the most part, the indigenous population are tolerant of others coming here, wishing to better themselves. Who can blame them? It is not their fault. That belongs to previous governments that wanted to have an open door policy and let every person into our land without being checked. You try that in a Muslim country, rant about Christianity and see how far you get. Just because we raise concerns regarding our countries wellbeing, you pair have to turn every thread into a racist / abuser/ look at me, my sh1te don't stink reply. Trust me, your sh1te smells the same as mine, only, you have your nose stuck up your 'arris, you can't smell the Roses.

............ and you have a problem with this?

So, in your ideal RH loving world, we are all abusers and racists? You two are a perfect match. You are so myopic to see that, for the most part, the indigenous population are tolerant of others coming here, wishing to better themselves. Who can blame them? It is not their fault. That belongs to previous governments that wanted to have an open door policy and let every person into our land without being checked. You try that in a Muslim country, rant about Christianity and see how far you get. Just because we raise concerns regarding our countries wellbeing, you pair have to turn every thread into a racist / abuser/ look at me, my sh1te don't stink reply. Trust me, your sh1te smells the same as mine, only, you have your nose stuck up your 'arris, you can't smell the Roses.

You must be a self-defeatist, because that's the best self-defeating comment I've seen for a good while. :LOL:

BT thought it was good though. :rolleyes:

Qatar
after winning the bid ,they were told, its a bit hot don't you think!!, "oh yeh "says fifa, we never thought of that, panic.
proofs it was never looked at properly, i wonder why!!

Just had a look at the IWW website( of which, I didn't know existed ) and you are correct, I apologize.
One death is one too many.
That still doesn't detract from the many deaths in Qatar though.
Indeed it doesn't detract from those deaths in Qatar which I deplore and you quite rightly highlight.

I was just trying to point out that when allowed to get away with it, companies will put people at risk in the name of profit whatever country they operate in...
Can I just butt in for a second and say something which very rarely gets said...

Gasman28 is a gentleman and has the decency to apologise when, (as we all can be), wrong about something.

Respect to you for that, and thanks. If only everyone was like you, and me..

Add. And Ellal didn't try to rub your face in it! Thanks and respect to you too.

Having been guilty of a few(?) rash comments myself, can I just say' If only all posts were like yours'

(that might of course upset a few others here ;) )

Sponsored Links
Back