Qatar world cup

Why thank you Ellal :oops:

The trouble here is people are so busy trying to 'get one over' another poster they forget their manners and it becomes a tit-for-tat ****..ing contest. And no one wants to back down or give credit to a sensible post because it looks weak or whatever.

I'm fed up of it TBH! Makes me want to go back into hiding. So I just wanted to say thanks to you and Gasman for reminding me it doesn't have to be that way.

Oh well, business as usual next I guess.....

Sponsored Links
I bet you watch emetic bile like Jeremy Kyle... :rolleyes:
Good Lord NO! I would never watch day-time tele.
Rarely watch tele in any case.

A bit of sport, UC, and the odd film. Otherwise the sprogs control the tele.

Do you think rags like the Mail would sell copies if they printed banal stories and neglected to fluff them up with seductive and provocative diatribe that is fodder for the gullible masses?

Take a look at the responses from the swan huggers here on G.D. if you don't believe me.

I'm not so much bothered that it's a Swan Noseall but animal cruelty in general and the way animals are dispatched. I don't want anything to die, but that's life, so to speak. Something must die in order that I can live. I didn't make the rules, (blame God?), but I'll be food one day myself for something when I peg it.

So it's the unnecessary pain and suffering I object to more than anything else. And by that I dont just mean the animal in question but other animals which may be emotionally affected or dissadvantaged by its killing.

As inteligent sentient beings, we should treat animals and our planet with respect and kindness, and they deserve as much quality of life as possible, but maybe I'm just a hippy. Wrong thread, I know, but you mentioned it here. ;)

You must be a self-defeatist, because that's the best self-defeating comment I've seen for a good while. :LOL:
So, no logical answer then? Why is my answer self - defeating? Is it because that I, amongst a myriad of other people of this once great land, dare question anything that myopic people like you stand for?
Have a chat with the hard working person in the streets of most towns in this country and ask questions regarding immigrants.
I have nothing against any hard working immigrant that wishes to better themselves here. They must, of course, learn our language, have a job, pay taxes integrate and not just land here and try to claim everything possible without having contributed to the coffers. We have enough scroungers in this country without importing even more. Our system is wrong and has been for years. It needs changing now.

Sponsored Links
I didn't make the rules, (blame God?), but I'll be food one day myself for something when I peg it.

Good point. A persuasive argument in favour of burial rather than cremation, then.

People who opt for the latter are doing the poor little worms out of a meal.

Back