Couplings vs Male Irons

Sponsored Links
Indeed parallel is what you want. The alternative, taper threads, will be sloppy at the open end where the taper is narrowest, and are designed for parallel threaded FI fittings to create an interference fit between the threads as you screw the fittings together.

After all that, our bathroom tap (brand new 2 weeks ago) has got to be replaced because the cartridges are letting by and the parts have been discontinued. The supplier is going to replace it and I bet it has male flexi's!

Lucky I haven't got these male ones yet!

While I was at it, I was going to install some flow regulators: http://www.betterbathrooms.com/taps/water-flow-regulator-valves/eco-flo-flow-regulator-005

Mains cold flow rate is unreal in my house - it would take skin off if held to close!

That is great for the shower but not so for taps.

My concern is the noise - I get around the flow rate by not having the iso valves fully open, but that increase the noise massively - I guess because it's hitting the ball valve as it passes through.

Do flow regulators have this same problem?

And where would they sit in the chain? I guess:

copper > nut and olive > flow regulator > nut and olive > copper > parallel MI > flexi.

Sponsored Links

I use these (click on picture) as you can experiment and change the cartridge, and they also serve as an isolator valve.

That looks much neater!

Thanks. I could just replace my standard ones, and use the parallel irons further up the chain.

How long and wide are the bodies though, compared to standard iso valves? My H/C feeds are quite tight together.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back