Pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this type of stuff is not allowed to be posted here.
But how much would you say is a fair price for a hob and sink to be taken out then refitted( hob will be changed from hose to hard fix) also the 2 fixing of a sink

Sponsored Links
Get a few quotes and go with the person you have the most confidence in. Even better ask family or friends for a reccomendation. Price shouldn't really come into it. As the old saying goes. You get what you pay for ;)

Sponsored Links
:LOL: work it out. Add up all your costs and then add on what seems like a fair profit to you for your time and experience and mortgage! If you get the job great. If not then enjoy the sunshine. It's basic business pal!

why does these questions get asked, if you cant price jobs how do you run a business.........

What are your fixed over heads?
What wage do you try and take?
What profit margin do you try to make?

for example

£250/week over heads
£600/week wages
10% profit
so a week you would have to make £935
Divide by hours you work say 40 = £23/hr round up to £25 to cover down time, add on VAT if req

Then your job you have how long will it take you? and what is materials cost?
2hrs = £50 materials = £50

TOTAL = £100

Or you could just go with as much as you can get away with method, this is based on an algorithm
post code x estimated wages / number of estimate credit cards - (number of kids squared) + nob head tax (standard £30)

I don't run my own business ... Never have I have and still do only ever worked for big companies... I have been a gas engineer for over 10 years ... Never done my own work only for family... And never had to buy materials because I "borrow" them from work.

Why is it everytime I ask a question on here I get smart arse answers if you don't like the post just ignore it.

Oh my god! I will follow your advice and ignore you. Im off to bed. Sometimes i wonder why i bother in the plumbing forum :unsure:

I don't run my own business ... Never have I have and still do only ever worked for big companies... I have been a gas engineer for over 10 years ... Never done my own work only for family... And never had to buy materials because I "borrow" them from work.

Why is it everytime I ask a question on here I get smart a**e answers if you don't like the post just ignore it.

So you want help pricing a fiddle job (where you will be paid cash thus avoiding tax) for an illegal gas install (you aint qualified when not working for you employer) where you will be working without insurance using stolen gear........

and you come on a forum to ask the very professionals you are taking the work from how much you should charge :eek:

Grow up you thieving **** and let a professional do the job :evil:

Why is it everytime I ask a question on here I get smart a**e answers if you don't like the post just ignore it.

By the way my advice was not smart arsed but correct advice on how to run a business, though forgot to add on the extra overhead of thieving employees.... :rolleyes:

Exbg

You have some front asking for pricing advice and then admitting to thieving materials from work.

Your a thief and I presume you have your own gas safe number and PL insurance when you fook up we will pay for it you tosser :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back