TV sensor faulty

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my brother has Samsung le26b450c4w TV hardly used but the remote would only
Function if one is 4/6 inches from the sensor ! Replacement new remote did not solve the
Problem! Am I right that the TV IR is faulty and needs replacement? If so where do I get one
From? Any step by step guide as to how to replace will be much appreciated
Thanking in advance

Sponsored Links
If it's hardly used does that mean it's still under warranty? Take it back to the supplier.

Note that some electronic equipment can cause this problem (e.g. energy-saver lights) sunlight or even electrical emissions.

Another possible cause is that the scratch-protection film has not been removed from the panel. This plastic can change with time/temperature.

Spare parts are generally available only to approved service agents. If it's not on eBay, it's not available.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
There's used working parts available on Ebay. BN41-00990A IR SENSOR AND REMOTE SENSOR FOR SAMSUNG LE26B450C4WXXU

Disassembly will be the same as the videos showing screen repairs. Search Youtube.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back