Vokera Excell sp80 (Thoughts required)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am no gas engineer and would not even attempt of fixing main probs, leave that to the experts however i have changed a diaphragm my self in the past but that's about it. Just need your thoughts on the below to guide me to possible probs before I call someone in. Wife has to go back to tribal days for a wash now :)

No Hot Water from tap - No central heating - Pilot light on, boiler does all the normal functions when putting the CH on as in fan kicking in and sounds like the gas valve opening not sure but no main burner flame.

When switch is in hot water supply only no normal functions as fan or main burner kicking in whilst hot water tap open very little movement on the falcron arm whilst opening the hot water tap but there is some.

When I push the falcron arm towards the 3 port diverter valve and away from the domestic manifold I hear the micro switch and fan and I think the gas valve to ignite but no main flame. I do know about the diaphragm and the poss faults but should the main burner kick in if I manually move the falcron arm or does anyone have some thoughts to what is going on and possible other faults, am I correct in saying when the hot water flow is on the diaphragm moves tripping the micro switch and moving the falcron arm towards the 3 port diverter valve to give you hot water.

Thoughts welcome

Sponsored Links
This is nothing for you to be worrying about! Get a engineer that knows what hes doing to fix it instead of you poking around trying to figure how it works before you kill someone! No one on here will give you any advice when it comes to controls with gas and combustion.

This is nothing for you to be worrying about! Get a engineer that knows what hes doing to fix it instead of you poking around trying to figure how it works before you kill someone! No one on here will give you any advice when it comes to controls with gas and combustion.

Thanks hanns21,

for you not so positive thought.

Not looking at doing the job my self but asking advice so I know I am not getting ripped off by who I call, just wanting to possibly know what's going on before I call someone. I would not expect those who know on this forum to advice me to do the job my self.

Cheers anyway.

Not looking at doing the job my self but asking advice so I know I am not getting ripped off by who I call, just wanting to possibly know what's going on before I call someone.

I would not expect those who know on this forum to advice me to do the job my self.

Cheers anyway.

So you think that we are only out to rip you off?

If you dont expect those who know to advise you then just who do you expect to advise you.

I have this thought that you are posting here without reading the forum rules. Just to make them more prominent they are even shown in red.

Perhaps when you have read them you will understand why we are not allowed to give you DIY advice on gas matters!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Dycer, how do you know you will be ripped off? ;)

Not looking at doing the job my self but asking advice so I know I am not getting ripped off by who I call, just wanting to possibly know what's going on before I call someone.

I would not expect those who know on this forum to advice me to do the job my self.

Cheers anyway.

So you think that we are only out to rip you off?

If you dont expect those who know to advise you then just who do you expect to advise you.

I have this thought that you are posting here without reading the forum rules. Just to make them more prominent they are even shown in red.

Perhaps when you have read them you will understand why we are not allowed to give you DIY advice on gas matters!

Tony
:)
Thanks Agile,
Your right I never read the forum rules but thoughts is only what I required not a debate :)

Dycer, how do you know you will be ripped off? ;)

Up in Aberdeen DP they like to charge a small fortune up here :)

Well with the cost of living perhaps 30% higher than Glasgow it is only to be expected that boiler engineers will need to charge more too.

In the London area a diagnostic visit is likely to cost you about £84. So in Aberdeen perhaps a little over £100.

try sending a private message to a member on here called Brassedoff he is an Aberdeen lad and if he cant help you out Im sure he will be able to recommend someone in your area who can sort you out

Cheers Ian.

If you want me to have a look mate give me a shout.
£65 diagnostic first hour labour plus parts on top if req.
Max it will cost is £85 plus parts if a return visit is req.

We're not all rip off merchants, like the taxis up here ;)

[email protected]

Or Facebook page jmc heating services

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back