Help with adding 'links'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone tell me how I add a link? For example, if I'm trying to show a web page whilst on a forum, how do I actually give the exact URL address? I've tried to cut & paste but this doesn't work?

I'm currently using Firefox

Sponsored Links
This depends on the forum I guess.

Cut and pasting a web address is usually sufficient as the user can then simply cut and paste the address into the browser window of their choice.

"place link here" Ignore the quotes or

<a href="//www.diynot.com">Click Here for DIYNOT</a>

Hope this helps :D

Sponsored Links
could be firefox? i cut and paste into IE with no problems

Find a post which does what you want, hit the quote button, you do not have to actually use the 'opened editor' just read and see how it is done.
Much easier than trying to explain.

This is a straight link to an article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving

Next we can use a 'clickable' word or words, forget the techo correct name doesn't help, just muddies the water ... you have to insert the words, like 'CLICK HERE' in the example, or anything you like.
CLICK HERE

This is a quote from the first para. of that web page
Daylight saving time or daylight savings time, abbreviated DST, is a term used for a system intended to "save" daylight. (It is also known as summer time in both Britain and Europe.)

Now the same quote with a ref to 'who said it'..... the system enters "wrote:" so beware of that.
dena007 said:
Daylight saving time or daylight savings time, abbreviated DST, is a term used for a system intended to "save" daylight. (It is also known as summer time in both Britain and Europe.)

We can also quote, with a clickable link ... note the square brackets ..

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving]dena007 said CLICK HERE[/url] said:

If you wonder how people use colour, in text, hide stuff, or make spaces, or even use foul language without tripping the auto censor ... use the 'quote' button all the trickery will be exposed ... exclusivity quickly evaporates in these places.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

ali68 said:
not working for me either

View my post above .. Hit the quote button.
You should see this as you scroll through the post :-

#####################################
HowtoQuoteDiyNot.jpg

#####################################

Now relate the actual post to what you see in the editor ..
Note the use of square brackets ... and how they are not apparent in the actual post, but visible in the editor.
Try the site help here :-
//www.diynot.com/forums/faq.php?mode=bbcode#4

Let us know how it goes.
:idea:

Sponsored Links
Back