Atmos or Intergas

• Thread starter Brightonguy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I haven't read all yet....

Boiler is too big. Get a correct sized boiler and fit zone valves and pump. Simple.

Daniel.
So all combis are too big then. Well do not write tripe then. Why do these people feel compelled to comment on something they know nothing about?

[
Exactly. The heating circuits and primary circuit must operate independently of each other with no influence to each other.

Yet that is not happening according to the informatiom You posting. And it cannot because the primary pipes and header are undersized for 3 pumps

Sponsored Links
The heat carrying capacity of a pipe is limited by the maximum acceptable velocity for noise reasons. This is generally taken as 1.5 m/s. With a temperature drop across the system taken as 20C for a condensing boiler, the carrying capacity of:

15mm = 18.1kW;
22mm = 40.2kW;
28mm = 67.5 kW.

These figures are maximum and may need reducing to account frictional resistance and pump head.

15mm @ 18.1kw load would yield a velocity rate of 1.53 m/s (0.214/0.14)
22mm @ 40.2kw = 1.49 m/s
28mm @ 67.5kw = 1.47 m/s

Have you any idea the of the noise these velocity rates will impose within the pipework? also the air entrainment and long term effect this will have on the system???

You have obviously been googling your little heart out trying to gain this information , I say this because why the hell would you opt for a load rating of 40.2/67.5? Why not round the figures up??

You are baiting for information to which you will not receive.

As for header diameter being '3 Times the diameter' then it will depend upon application , maybe you can tell me the required header size for a 100 kw load @ 0.2 m/s velocity rate???

You are a googled and a bad one @ that.

As I said a complete and utter fool.

John, don't feed the troll, he's a google warrior plain and simple with no idea of system design or header sizing and principles, unless it's wrote in google.

Know exactly where he's googles the 3x diameter as it's only quoted by one very specific manufacturer.

?......I used the content to fit a system in an average semi.

Now I read it all.

A good installer will fit a good sized vaillant system boiler with bypass built-in, 2 x zone valves for upstair and downstair radiators with TRV fitted, programable room thermostat, Unvented cylinder for hot water.

My 3 bed semi only need 12kw on a cold day and my boiler is happy 16 years old and still running sweet.

Daniel.

Boiler is too big.
Yes, that's one of the big problems with combis - you either have crap DHW or a grossly oversized boiler for CH, or both.

Get a correct sized boiler and fit zone valves and pump.
That doesn't actually solve the problem. The heat demand is highly variable, and so the required flow rate round the CH circuit(s) varies. So there are mutually incompatible requirements for a minimum flow rate round the boiler, and a variable flow rate round the CH circuit(s).

That's what the debate is about. The ideal low loss header has negligible pressure drop across it - so the different circuits don't interact. But in practical terms, it's not the end of the world if the 3 circuits interact a bit - it's still a good deal better than the normal system with the pump working hard through the ABV most of the time, with plenty of noise as a result.

Have you any idea the of the noise these velocity rates will impose within the pipework?
Yes. That is why 22m pipe was used.
As for header diameter being '3 Times the diameter' then it will depend upon application ,
That is ballpark and many use that.
maybe you can tell me the required header size for a 100 kw load @ 0.2 m/s velocity rate???
Can you tell us please? Try Google if you like. You have never given ANTHING of any use whatsoever. I would not let you near my house.

?......I used the content to fit a system in an average semi.
Now I read it all.

A good installer will fit a good sized vaillant system boiler with bypass built-in, 2 x zone valves for upstair and downstair radiators with TRV fitted, programable room thermostat, Unvented cylinder for hot water.
A knowledgeable and intelligent installer would do no such thing. Please understand heating or stick to drains.

I followed AlexCarp on a job where he'd installed a basin straight into a 6" waste pipe!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

James.

P.s. AlexCarp, where do you purchase your horses and Stetsons from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back