Reliable and good value condensing boiler please

Sponsored Links
Obviously he has no trust in his plumber!

Probably some uneducated irk who left school at 15 and plumbing was the only job he could get because he was so thick!

In spite of being told to search previous answers to the same question, the OP has failed to give any proper reason why not to.

All boilers have been condensing for the last nine years so just search for "which boiler".

Hmm.... The search for "Which Boiler" produces over 57000 results.... I'll bet that the same boiler manufacturers are mentioned in each one..

The search function is so simple that even I can use it..

It amuses me that the guys who are telling the OP how to search, could actually write a one word answer stating their preferred manufacturer. Instead they prefer to write a long post.

James.

Sponsored Links
It amuses me that the guys who are telling the OP how to search, could actually write a one word answer stating their preferred manufacturer. Instead they prefer to write a long post.

James.

Yeah but then the OP will start asking is one choice better than another choice wanting to know every tiny detail and we all know that all he wants is the cheapest boiler.... So often we get into the Intergas / ATAG / Villant / Worcester etc debate only for the OP to say that he's just had a Ferroli fitted for nowt....

What sane person would base a large financial investment on advice from people he does not know on the internet and employ an installer that he does not trust to give good advice?

Guys, this is getting silly. I do trust my plumber, and I have had two independant pluimbers both giving quotes of £2500 and £2800 to install a Worcester bosch condenser boiler (as oppose to a combi which is not sufficient for my house which is large - Plumbers words not mine).

All I am asking is what the majority of professional and honest gas installers and plumbers recommend to their clients, and which ones to be avoided.

I appreciate that this is a very subjective post, but if 50 of you are all recommending the same brand of boiler, then that could sway my choice.

That is all I wanted to hear, what do you experts recommend and what brands to avoid at all costs. I know you probably all have your own preferences so please spill the beans!

How else does someone like me who knows nothing about boilers trust that what my plumbers are recommending is actually going to be reliable and cost effective? It's very easy for you experts to sneer at my dumb question but how the hell is the average joe public really expected to know one boiler from another !

On an expensive purchase like this I want to be sure that I am not being sold some crappy boiler? Give us a break please :cry:

Thing is that we answer this exact.... and I mean exact same question several times a week.

Also. .... They're all condensing. You're thinking of combination boilers.

In the interests of not being a grumpy barsteward....

Intergas
Atag
Vaillant

In that order.

We do not have the details required to give you a specific model.

Guys, this is getting silly. I do trust my plumber, and I have had two independant pluimbers both giving quotes of £2500 and £2800 to install a Worcester bosch condenser boiler (as oppose to a combi which is not sufficient for my house which is large - Plumbers words not mine).
How many showers, baths, etc?

All I am asking is what the majority of professional and honest gas installers and plumbers recommend to their clients, and which ones to be avoided.
Intergas are uber reliable.
I appreciate that this is a very subjective post, but if 50 of you are all recommending the same brand of boiler, then that could sway my choice.
Or it could the "plumbers" get a good discount selling that model.

I thought a combi boiler is different from a condensing boiler? Hence why I mention I need a condensing boiler NOT a combi. As I understand it, a combi just heats water as it passes thru the boiler but a condening uses heat exchanger to capture waste/exhaust heat and condense this into steam/hot water for use, thus making water heating far more efficient than my old boiler (sits on floor, has a hot flue pipe that goes thru the worktop and out through a chimney.

I have a hot water cylinder with immersion heater and cold water tanks in the loft room to provide gravity (vented system I think it is known as??).

I was told that a combi boiler will have limitations in a large family home if two of us having showers/bath at the same time and then someone runs the hot tap the shower temp could fluctuate. Both my showers in each b/room have pumps.

Anyway.....

I thought a combi boiler is different from a condensing boiler? Hence why I mention I need a condensing boiler NOT a combi. As I understand it, a combi just heats water as it passes thru the boiler but a condening uses heat exchanger to capture waste/exhaust heat and condense this into steam/hot water for use, thus making water heating far more efficient than my old boiler (sits on floor, has a hot flue pipe that goes thru the worktop and out through a chimney.

I have a hot water cylinder with immersion heater and cold water tanks in the loft room to provide gravity (vented system I think it is known as??).

I was told that a combi boiler will have limitations in a large family home if two of us having showers/bath at the same time and then someone runs the hot tap the shower temp could fluctuate. Both my showers in each b/room have pumps.

Anyway.....
Scotty, there are combi boilers and system boilers, both these days are condensing. A system boiler heats the radiators and hot water cylinder, a combi heats the hot water instantly, although there are some large output combis that do store some hot water.

There are large output combis that can do two showers. If the shower is affected when a tap is turned on elsewhere in the house, generally the hot and cold water system is not piped up properly and not balanced using these.

I fitted these quality isolation vales on each water outlet, hot and cold. They do not leak like the cheap and nasty versions. The added advantage is that they take a cartridges to regulate the water to each outlet. For mains pressure hot and cold water systems these are superb. I inserted a 6 litre a minute cartridge in the hot an cold of the sink. 2.5 in the toilet wash basin, 4.5 in the toilets and kitchen appliances. The shower had none taking full flow. It balances all the system and when an outlet is opened the shower is not affected. They also promote less wastage of water.

http://www.bes.co.uk/product/99~PL~1768~1768~Compression-CP961-FLOW-REGULATOR-BALL-VALVES.html

17527.gif
18720.gif

You also need a decent flow and pressure from the mains pipe. How many litres per minute does the kitchen tap pass?

The pumps will be power shower pumps. The mixers may be lower pressure jobs unsuitable for mains pressure water, but needs checking. You need a combi that can do two showers simultaneously. Rarely are two baths filled at once.

Do not right off a combi, do some research.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back