Vaillant ecoTec plus 837 gas feed reduced from 22mm to 15mm.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post here. Any input would be very much appreciated.

We had a ecoTEC 837 installed recently. Today when I looked at the pipeworks in the bottom of the boiler I noticed that the gas connection which goes into the boiler has been reduced from 22mm to 15mm for the last 5cm. We have 22mm gas pipe running from the meter all the way to the boiler, only the last 5cm is 15mm pipe. Please see photos attached. Why is this? How is it even possible, as the ecoTEC 837 requires 22mm gas connection so I assume the inlet is 22mm only?

Many thanks!

Andy

Sponsored Links
This is the way vaillant make them. As long it confirmed to manufacturer's instruction, it is fine. Your look ok.

Daniel.

Thanks very much for your reply!

The boiler requires 22mm gas connection is because of the higher pressure demand, isn't it? Will the last 5cm of 15mm pipe affect the pressure somehow?

No

Your installer should have checked your working pressure available at the boiler.

If this okay then great, if not, then some of the 22 should have been upgraded.

Why do you think there is a problem with the gas?

Sponsored Links
No

Your installer should have checked your working pressure available at the boiler.

If this okay then great, if not, then some of the 22 should have been upgraded.

Why do you think there is a problem with the gas?

Thanks a lot!

The boiler works fine and the engineers did all the checks. It's just that in the installation instructions manual the gas inlet is marked 22mm and today I saw that pipe is actually 15mm so worried myself a bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back