Lost Outlook email folder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I routinely save important emails, separated into folders and sub folders, mainly as INBOX folders. (terminology?), I have "lost" a folder full of emails with contract prices etc. I KNOW it is there somewhere, as I can search and find them - but cannot see where it has been stored!

I have tried going through each folder, and checking to see if there is the lost one is within, but I cannot see it.

Sorry if this seems a bit confused, but I am nit known for my computer skills.

Is there any easy way to find this?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Search for the email from your inbox view and when it comes up in the list of mails the location is under the 'In Folder' column on the right.

What version of windows and outlook as the default location is different with each.

Search for the email from your inbox view and when it comes up in the list of mails the location is under the 'In Folder' column on the right.

Thank you both for replying.

I have a permanent preview screen on the right (don;t know how to turn it off, although I quite like it).

The PVS was obscuring extra columns including the 'in folder' one - I id not know it was there!

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
As an extra precaution you could run a periodic backup of Outlook. The facility isn't there by default but you can install the utility from the Microsoft web site and then point the backups to a separate area on your hard disk or external drive.

As an extra precaution you could run a periodic backup of Outlook. The facility isn't there by default but you can install the utility from the Microsoft web site and then point the backups to a separate area on your hard disk or external drive.

New nothing abut that! Could be very useful - but I might be back for some help :confused: :confused:

I have a permanent preview screen on the right (don;t know how to turn it off, although I quite like it).

The PVS was obscuring extra columns including the 'in folder' one - I id not know it was there!

Thanks again
Right hand preview screen is turned on and off in 'tools', exact method depends on version of Outlook. Called a reading pane in Outlook.

Back