Dimplex XT storage heaters too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I found this thread //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157630&sid=3bcfe7ad5290372d21c714668e07463e today via Google and I'm hoping some of you are still around as I notice the posting go back to 2008!

I have 3 Dimplex XT's although I'm not sure which model as all of them have been painted over. They look just like this...
http://www.torreelectrics.co.uk/acatalog/xt.jpg

Anyway I turned them all back on last week and the one in the spare room seems to be stuck on full power even though the input and boost control is set to the lowest it can go. It's very, very hot so I'm assuming something needs replacing.

I noticed from the posts on this thread that 'Lectrician' said to buy the 9800 thermostat & cutout which replaces the entire gear tray seen here...
http://www.electricairespares.co.uk...ID=236&zenid=89d702f2475d31b7e95ac843330e1654

However on further research I noticed that the boost control dial is missing from the 9800, is this normal or does the 9800 not include this feature?

The other question I had is do you think the 9800 comes with fitting instructions and if so is it relatively easy to fit?

Lastly before I go ahead and spend £50+ vat and shipping on this part how do I ascertain whether this is indeed the part that is faulty?

Thanks all :)

Sponsored Links
The 9800 is a retrofit kit - You use the output knob from your current heater.

I think they have changed the part numbers yet again though now (certainly on some models) - best to try to find your exact model number and series to make sure you get the correct field fit kit.

Sponsored Links
The 9800 is a retrofit kit - You use the output knob from your current heater.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/electr...heaters-too-hot.340733/#2542957#ixzz29Rtl284H

Thanks Lectrician, I have ordered the XT9800 from:

http://www.electricairespares.co.uk/charge-thermostat-xt9800-p-236.html

apparently it comes with idiot proof fitting instructions! I will let you know how the fitting goes.

And to 'Taylortwocities' you can buy radiator paint from any decent DIY store. It's heat resistant.

Thanks all

:)

Hey All

Just to let you know that myself and my Dad (mostly my Dad as he's a bit more electrically savvy that me) installed the XT9800 yesterday and the heater is now back to it's working self! At least I know what to do now if the other thermostats go pop in the other rooms.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Darren :D

Hello, got the same problem, very helpful to find this! Did the instructions come with the XT9800? Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back