Help with velux windows please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a kitchen extension build last year and the velux windows in the sloping roof have always leaked!! We now have more leaks in the utilty and by the garage door, all roofs done by same builder. He has been back 4 or 5 times to try to fix the problem but now i'm totally sick!! Not sure what to do. My husband and i know nothing about building and so have to trust what the builder is doing but we are losing faith. The roof now looks awful as he has put cement in the ridges around velux and silicone down all tile edges. Some sort of silver tape is all around them and you can see that the veluxs are not even flush with the tiles. Whats gone wrong???? Should he cement tiles in place?
Every time it rains i groan, i just know water will appear again somewhere.
Last time he came he said he was totally P***ed off with this problem and i'm worried he may just walk away. What can we do?
Thank you in advance for any replys. Not sure how to post pics or would put some on.
Anya x

Sponsored Links
sounds as though your builder is clueless as to the proper installation of velux windows!

its a new roof and he's going tooled up with silicone and slabbering cement around.

get a proper roofer to evaluate whats been done and get the windows fitted properly then send builder boy the bill.

dont let him back on the roof he will just make it worse.

(you should have posted this in the roofing section)

I am sooo angry!!! I am going to get a roofer to come and price for fixing this and tell us whats been done wrong! I just want it sorted so we can get on with decorating. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth when things are done badly and you have already paid for it :(
Thats for your advice...much appreciated.
Anya x

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back