scaffolder won't remove the scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: the work finished 2 months ago but scaffolding is still in place around my house. As s result I am not able to take my husband into the garden as he is wheelchair bound. I've no other firm of access. The builder had sent official letters etc. No response. I contacted him as well and scaffold er claims that he wasn't told. He came on Monday. Removed 10% of the scaffolding and has since disappeared littering my drive with pipes and boards. Now I can't even Park my car. He is now refusing to take my calls. Been in touch with trading standard and consumer helpline. Have told builder I'll take legal action. The builder says he is trying to get someone else to remove it. In the mean time I've to suffer
Is there no help for me? Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Recorded delivery letter advising that in 7 days time you will commence charges of £50 (or more perhaps) per day for him to store his scaffold etc on your premises. Then in 7 days time initiate a small claims procedure for £50/day plus all expenses, including your time and solicitor fees.

Just checked my file. The work finished 3 and a half months ago. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Thank you jackray. Am I allowed to do this myself? because both the consumer helpline and trading standard have told me that is my builder who should do this as he has a contract with them. I am more than happy to take this action. I would like to do this.

No there is no dispute between them. I've been shown a full payment receipt by builder.

Also should I write to the scaffolder or the builder?
Thanking you all in advance

Yes that was my first reaction to Jackrae's post, if the contract is between the builder and the scaffolder then legal letters to the scaffolder won't have any merit surely?

I've drafted letters but still need to know who should I send it to?

If you contracted the builder and he sub-contracted the scaffolder then it's the builder who is responsible to you.

Hmm, anywhere near north of Manchester?

I wouldn't mind a few 20'+ poles :)

Oh please come and take it away. It will b my pleasure and of course I saw nothing I hear nothing as I'm REALLY an OAP. It's in Sutton in Surrey!!!!! All welcome.
:LOL:
;)

In my opinion.....

If the payment has been made for the scaffolding by the builder, you can write directly to the scaffolder, and advise them of the service charge for use of your land, at the daily rate of £50, commencing from 2 working days after delivery of the letter.

I suppose ultimately, his scaffolding has been abandoned on your property.

Sorry for your situation though, for most of us it would be a big irritation but its more serious for you.

Sponsored Links
Back