Any idea what lock this is?

Sponsored Links
http://bit.ly/1r8SJKg

That's a multipont lock with a Euro cylinder. Tell the insurance it's a UPVC door, not wooden. They may want you to upgrade the cyinder, but should be OK. Mortice is for wooden doors.

That's an awful cheap crappy euro cylinder.

You can not get a 5 lever mortise dead lock for your door, but you can get a much more secure cylinder.

Google cylinder lock snapping and you'll see that here in Yorkshire we're the top of the list in this being the method of entry for burglars. :D

Sponsored Links
I'm no locksmith, but did a bit of research a few months back when my sister bought her new house, and ABS branded cylinders seemed to get the best reviews.

The conservatory company I do some subbing for said that they only fit the cylinders with horizontal keyholes now as burglars know they can't get them out the door and don't even try them any more.

They are dead easy to fit, you just undo one screw to release the old cylinder, but you need to be very careful you measure the old one properly and order the right on as there is no universal standard size cylinder.

Have a watch of this, some pretty shocking stuff in there.
http://vimeo.com/65296422

Thanks Gents. I have now had a look at the Avocet ABS locks. They claim to be more secure than others, but are more expensive than the Yale or UAP ones. Are they worth the extra cost?

Thanks Gents. I have now had a look at the Avocet ABS locks. They claim to be more secure than others, but are more expensive than the Yale or UAP ones. Are they worth the extra cost?

Well I'm not a locksmith, so the truth is I don't know, they were recommended to my parents as high security replacement euro's

Assuming they are at least as good, I guess spending a few extra quid is worth it if it prevents a burglary

Well, I've had a think and decided to go for the more expensive Avocet ABS, even though they're twice the price.

And they're from Yorkshire, so they must be the best! :D

Well, I've had a think and decided to go for the more expensive Avocet ABS, even though they're twice the price.

I like the cut of your jib sir. (I was born in leeds!)

I like the cut of your jib sir. (I was born in leeds!)

I envy you. I was born in Bradford. Leeds puts Bradford to shame in many ways.

Sponsored Links
Back