Buying exotic woods - East Englia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I have a conservatory/patio roof that appears to be made of some sort of hardwood, and I need to make a modification to it - but I have now idea where I can even walk into a store with a sample of this wood and come out with a few new lengths of it. Clearly if it ain't standard building material then B&Q wont stock it..

Where on earth do chippies and artists go to buy these nice hardwoods for their craft? (I live in Suffolk so I hope there is a local reader who is East Anglia region)

Edit: After further research, I think it's Cedar, but I want to visit a dealer to confirm)

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Selco do a small range of hardwoods, Luan [Lauan] is commonly used in conservatories.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info guys, I'll look into the Lauan, that does appear very similar to what I have here.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back