UK economy update

RM after the float took the German approach ,3 years without fear of strike threat. Gasp

Sponsored Links
Trouble with the RM float, is that the Govt, has now set them up for a precipitous fall, whereas operators such as TNT UPS et al are free to cherry pick the most profitable routes, cities and the like RM is legally bound to deliver anywhere in the UK.

Yes, that was the killer deception. In the pre float amble much was made of possible union troubles. It did not mention any of this scuttler or the 4 year French investigation with GLS. Thing is they the gov and RM must have known well before that these nuggets would surface. Now we know exactly why Vince cable consistently denied RM was sold off too cheap. Crook too right. RM have in response to TNT have hit back and Ofcom have been notified with force. However, the longer this goes on nobody will get a good deal as no standard can exist. It's like the country's economy in limbo waiting for a miracle

Labour made a pigs ear of their 12 years in power and although a change was good in 1997 they stayed in power for too long. They have changed the face colour and make up of the UK - for the worse IMO.

I don't have faith in LibDems and don't think they have made an effective coalition.

Have to vote for someone, feel free to disagree, but the Tory's are the only credible party an I hope they stay in (without the libdem coathangers).

Sponsored Links
Vote tory, l like people who know their limits. Today the ONS declared that retail sales were up to their highest in 10 yrs. Very strange when RM has stated that poor retail sales wasn't helping. It is also apparent by the dramatic fall in spare prices in the Industrial Transport sector of the FTSE. Somebody is wrong and the market doesn't.

Trouble with the RM float, is that the Govt, has now set them up for a precipitous fall, whereas operators such as TNT UPS et al are free to cherry pick the most profitable routes, cities and the like RM is legally bound to deliver anywhere in the UK.

So what?

The age of everyone needing to have mail is fading, it's only old grey people that don't have the internet, and they won't be around forever.

There is no need for subsidised parcel delivery.

Of course letter levels will fall, RM admit this. However, your thinking is limited. There is always going to be a need for 'certain' letters and until ALL area's have a stable let alone any internet access the universal service must exist. If you want to see the oldest postage service in the world be pushed out by foreigners you must be mad

Labour made a pigs ear of their 12 years in power and although a change was good in 1997 they stayed in power for too long. They have changed the face colour and make up of the UK - for the worse IMO.

I don't have faith in LibDems and don't think they have made an effective coalition.

I read just today that the LimpDems are threatening to join up with Labour 'when' they get in to ensure a majority. I think that says a lot about them: desperately prostituting themselves to anyone in a vain attempt to ensure their survival. I can't think of anything worse for the country. Why anyone would vote for either of those parties of clowns beats me.

On the other hand, if rumours are true, the LimpDems won't get many MPs so shouldn't make much difference.

UKIP is the only hope for the country now. The trouble is that the media keep insisting that a vote for UKIP is a wasted vote. The EU elections should have debunked that myth but, of course, people are thick and will believe anything they read in their favourite paper.

It is perfectly possible for UKIP to gain as many votes as they did in the EU election, and that would give them a majority in the Commons. If only people would stick their necks out and do it.

UKIP, New Conservatives more like. If they ever did get elected they wouldn't do anything different, the system will see to that. Ask them what they are going to do about the illegal immigrant and their offspring. Problem ain't Europe it comes from within. We would rather blame anything or anyone than face the real problem. Waste of time

The very helpful woman there told me that if I fold two of the edges over an inch or so and tape them down, the cost would be much less!
mmm, that's a problem with any category based pricing system, if you fall at the bottom of a category you get a poor deal.

So what?

The age of everyone needing to have mail is fading, it's only old grey people that don't have the internet, and they won't be around forever.

Possibly the most vacuous, moronic statement ever.

good but not good enough. Numero uno, ' this piece of paper'

So what?

Possibly the most vacuous, moronic statement ever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28470034

The IMF are downgrading world growth whilst upgrading the UK's. So something must be going right for us!

The Tories are stoking up a false boom built on imaginary property values, debt and retail sales of imported goods.

Nothing there that you could build a serious, credible economy on like the Gerrys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28470034

The IMF are downgrading world growth whilst upgrading the UK's. So something must be going right for us!

The Tories are stoking up a false boom built on imaginary property values, debt and retail sales of imported goods.

Nothing there that you could build a serious, credible economy on like the Gerrys.

Where have we seen that before?? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back