UK economy update

All the parties have failed us for over 50 years, in that time it has been export failure and deficit. For the past 7 months or so it has been reduced exports AND reduced imports. It is crystal the populous ain't buying. Saving with crap interest and investors losing out there is no sign of recovery. Stagnation , limbo and failure is our lot. Our democratic system works, vote for fools get idocy

Sponsored Links
Trouble with the RM float, is that the Govt, has now set them up for a precipitous fall, whereas operators such as TNT UPS et al are free to cherry pick the most profitable routes, cities and the like RM is legally bound to deliver anywhere in the UK.

So what?

The age of everyone needing to have mail is fading, it's only old grey people that don't have the internet, and they won't be around forever.

There is no need for subsidised parcel delivery.

So what?
There will always be mail.
If you own a home then your council tax bill will arrive by letter.
If you don't pay then a string of letters will arrive culminating with the police arriving at your door to arrest you.

Do you seriously think the police will arrive at your door commenting..
"allo allo .. your e -mail down sir?", its just we got this warrant to arrest you".

To which the young home owner with no grey hairs replies..
"Wots e-mail guv'nor?"

Btw.. the warrant will be "paper" not some useless dots on a pixelated screen that are meaningless.

So what?

First of all, I doubt that, It may not be in 10 years, but mails days are numbered, it won't be kept alive by junk mail, and bills will one day all be electric.

Secondly, reading comprehension.

What has that to do with the need for subsidised mail (which is essentially created by the need to deliver everywhere for the same price).

If someone wants to receive paper bills instead of electronic ones, they can pay the premium for it.

One day they will.

Btw.. the warrant will be "paper" not some useless dots on a pixelated screen that are meaningless.

Ah, I see, you are a dinosaur.

As if something being in ink rather than pixels has anything to do with it's legitimacy.

Sponsored Links
So what?

First of all, I doubt that, It may not be in 10 years, but mails days are numbered, it won't be kept alive by junk mail, and bills will one day all be electric.

Secondly, reading comprehension.

What has that to do with the need for subsidised mail (which is essentially created by the need to deliver everywhere for the same price).

If someone wants to receive paper bills instead of electronic ones, they can pay the premium for it.

One day they will.

Ah, I see, you are a dinosaur.

As if something being in ink rather than pixels has anything to do with it's legitimacy.

Complete tosh.
You can't force people to use computers and never will.

Btw ....its the person sending the letter who pays.

These "bills" you talk about being electric.. is that 240v or 110v?

It won't be force it will be necessary , kids today can't do without and will only get moreso

I don't believe you wrote that. what's that supposed to mean ? standing in front of progress are you jethro ?

I don't believe you wrote that. what's that supposed to mean ? standing in front of progress are you jethro ?

How do you propose to force people to use computers to access and pay their bills?

When the grey haired's die out it will all be computers naturally will it?

Computers are pretty much useless junk at the end of the day and don't add a lot of good to society generally..
Do you think a starving child in Africa would want your computer?
Mine will be chucked in the bin if online billing becomes mandatory.
It can float about in cyberspace for all I care. :LOL:

Saving with crap interest and investors losing out there is no sign of recovery. Stagnation , limbo and failure is our lot. Our democratic system works, vote for fools get idocy

Yep. In the past, false 'booms' were stoked with cheap credit and relaxed credit control. Low interest rates are another stimulus, as the politicians hope that some will spend savings as the returns don't make it worth holding them.

Another great wheeze (just in time for the elections :rolleyes: ) is the new rule that allows those with private pension pots to cash some or all of them in next year.

These changes are sold to the public one way, but always have a hidden political advantage.

So what?
If you don't pay then a string of letters will arrive culminating with the police arriving at your door to arrest you.

Quite true. Witness what followed the prediction of 'paperless offices'.

In fact, despite the advent of computers, it is my experience that there is more paperwork to deal with than there ever was before.

SIGH. Progression is the way and I'm afraid there are those who don't understand today. Transition is always a problem. When I left school PC's came in, I missed and was glad because, they were boring and slow with no net. Only 6 years ago, my life time obsession with TV gave me the reason to get interested. Now nearly everything I buy is thru the net. I buy tea from Germany [believe, lol] . I had to buy a part for a car of mine on Mon, sourced on net picked up an hour later and custom hols where and when I like .All you need is an interest, kids at school are PC ready. I think the net is probably one of the biggest progressions ever. It has made everything I want ,I get, which is why I invested in RM. In the future, it will be as good as impossible to live without the net and PC's, everything will be automated. 'Lights on' Oi kettle on.

Complete tosh.
You can't force people to use computers and never will.

One day 95%+ of people will have internet access (83% already do), with smartphones becoming cheaper and cheaper 95% is not an unrealistic target to hit.

The other 5% (and it may well be less than 5%) will be forced to pay for the privilage of a letter if they do not live in areas where it is commercially viable to send them a letter for the cost of a stamp.

Btw ....its the person sending the letter who pays.

Plenty of companies already charge you extra on your bill to send you a letter, so no they do not pay to send you a letter, you pay them to send you a letter.

The only reason we need the royal mail, is currently lots of people live on uneconomic routes, and lots of them are old people who don't have the internet.

One day most of them will be dead and replaced by people who very predomonantly have the internet.

You must be having a laugh if you think in that situation we would be justified in keeping multi million pound "subsidies" so that a few people living in backwaters can get mail for 50p.

:LOL:

Connection to the net is possible for all now. Satellites can beam it in as already in parts of Spain. I have used it. All connections should be made with cable as a minimum. Due to the expense and time, existing phone lines are used, this is rubbish. It will have to be upgraded one day or the system won't take the volume and we'll be left further behind. Postal service will always exist whether letters are few , parcels will be the preferred way to shop. Further, travelling in the future may be impossible due to the shortage of fuel. We have to adapt or sink

You must be having a laugh if you think in that situation we would be justified in keeping multi million pound "subsidies" so that a few people living in backwaters can get mail for 50p.

:LOL:

So your saying that if you live in the sticks, you can order all you like over the internet, but there will be no one willing to deliver it?

Sponsored Links
Back