Golf!

Hello again gregers,, I have been golfing a lot lately I have been doing really well/the best in a long long time!! I went round the full 18 7 times last week and we've done 14 nine holes in 3 weeks!! On the full 18s I got 99 98 and 98 all the others were 98!!! :D how have you been doing?
:)

Sponsored Links
A few golf tips/thoughts
Play a round without losing a ball.
You know when you hit the ball properly, you don't feel it.
Try & average 5 per hole & if you count by better or worse than 5 you don't need a score card.
Learn how far you hit the ball (carry) especially the irons.
Learn to chip & pitch with more than 1 or 2 clubs.
When you are single figure handicap & think you have mastered it, the SHANKS start...Oh boy am I suffering. :rolleyes:

YRC,
WELL DONE YOU. ;) ;) ;)
now the fun starts,as said before the pressure you will add to yourself will start beating you up.just make sure you stay as relaxed as you can BUT what ever happens JUST enjoy your game,that way it will slowly improve even more,if you have a bad hole FORGET IT do not worry and take it to the next 1 or it will muck up all your game and you will come dispondant.

have you had any lessons at all?
or been on the range practicing?
all important to a youngen like you who is starting out.so that you do not develop bad habits from others.

yep been playing on average 4 times a week,got my official handicap,put my 3 cards in and they were absolutely terrible,i was given a h/capp of 28.but because of my society h/capp they knew i could play better,so after 1 competition it was cut to 25.then the fun started, so on my 1st medal i won,and it got cut to 23.my 2nd wasnt any good,my 3rd was a lot better and got cut to 21,and 3 weeks ago i had a blinder and went round my course in gross 80,take my handicap off and my nett was 59,well i got cut to 18.3,but once they punched the numbers into the computer it came out with (outstanding play rule 23-10)and got cut to 17.
after all these years my tempo etc is really on the money,2 weeks ago i went round my track in 36(3 over par) my lowest up to then.last Wednesday went round in 34(1 over par),today went round in 39,so im now consistent at staying under 40.:cool:

oh and my boy has had his h/cap cut in the society aswell as he came in couple of weeks ago with a bandit score. ;) and as i said at the beginning of this thread,the git is now 17 and 6'4" and still growing. :eek:

I had my handicap cut to 33 been pretty consistant every round has been in the 90s just got to keep practising and ill get better! Got a comp on satarday so hopefully get cut! Hows your golf going?

Sponsored Links
hi m8 glad its going in the right direction for you and that your keeping it up.
yep im still playing having a few blinders then a load of crud,but hey thats golf for you.
ive now been cut to 15.5,ive come 2nd in a few comps.so lose a tad here and there.
im playing in my courses 'club championship' tomorrow,36 holes tee off at 8.30 then lunch then another a8.bloody hell im going to be kernackerd.

keep me updated when you can m8ty.

hello again gregers, I'm loving the golf, I've won or came second in every comp this year and I'm in the semi final of the junior match play championships! I'm shooting below 100 easy now the last 4 rounds I have had a 99, 97, 95, 94 yesterday! How are you getting on?

well done you,well pleased for you m8:D
good luck in the match play comp.

well a lot has happened with my game,
have changed most of my clubs.now using stiff rifle steel shaft irons.cheap off ebay.
changed my driver aswel,the old 1 got me down to 15.
the new 1 to me again off the bay wasnt expensive but a bit of a weird make up,ladies head on a stiff shaft,but im hitting it a country mile.peeps take the pi55 but soon shut up when i smash it WAY past them lol.oh it looks a bit like a bubba club.bright blue shaft with a bright pink head:eek::eek::D
i won our club grand prix last year,with a monstrous score of something like 50 odd??
no one was any where near me lol.was awarded a very nice solid silver jug plus other goodies:)

after getting down to 12.2 the last 4 comps ive entered ive struggled a bit so have increased up to 12.8.

regularly go round my track around 4-5 over par for 9 holes.have parred it on a few occasions.
still waiting to birdy it but im sure thatll come.

society handicap has come down aswel,now playing off 4 for 9 holes,and so far im into our semi finals for our grand prix,won 1 match 5 and 3,and last week won another against a guy with the same h/capp 5 and 4,boys on fire ;)

have you changed anything in your bag at all?

Yeah I have Wilson irons, hybrid and 3 wood, a taylormade white smoke putter and a ping g25 driver which I love!!! I'll be replacing the 3 wood and hybrid to the g25 aswell and I'll get a titiliest vokley 60 degree wedge! Apart that no! Lol well done on the handicap coming down!

thanks m8,the ole saying the more you practice the better your be.sounds like you know what you want from your gear,ive heard good things about the wilsons and the pings.

if you get the chance to visit a few boot fairs then do,your be amazed what peeps are selling to do with golf,i bought a ping putter for a quid,ive just bought another putter for a quid and sold it for £15.
funny enough i bought a vokey a couple of years ago,lovely clubs.but thats now in the boys bag gathering dust in the garage.
keep us updated m8.

My club http://www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk/ My best score on here was an 82, which minus my handicap made a net 69 My set of golf clubs are Wilson too. Graphite shafts which seem to help me hit the ball further than steelies ever did . Hope your watching The Open young roughcaster. ;);)

that looks a nice track jock,and i bet its cheaper then the membership at my 1.

Thanks Gregers. My favourite hole on the course is the par 3, 14th hole "The Gully" A few years ago I was about 3 inches off a hole in one. My late uncle was club captain for several years in the mid to late 70's and it makes me feel very proud when I walk in the main entrance to the clubhouse and see his name displayed on the captains board (David Middlemas) A great scratch golfer who encouraged me to take up the sport.

Yes I have been following the open! Seen every minute of TV coverage! I'm a big mcilroy fan so anyone but speith for me! I was routing for paul lawrie as I have met him but I wouldn't mind seeing dustin get the trophy since pauls dropped a bit! Who you all routing for?

well i was hoping that the young irish amateur would do it just to shake it all up,but alas the nerves got to him and after all his hard work he failed to even get the medal,real shame.

from the pros i was hoping sergio would do it as he was playing really well.

Sponsored Links
Back