Brown upvc facia and guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 10 years ago I got a couple of quotes for my facias to be replaced, we wanted to have brown upvc but were put off by the people who quoted saying that the brown would fade quite quickly so we had the wood painted instead.

I am now looking to have this work done and wondered if anybody has had problems with the brown fading ?

Sponsored Links
Thats my main concern was hoping that after all these years maybe things would of got better.

I was looking at upvc gutter boards last year and the black are only guaranteed for about 10 years while the white were a lot longer, 25 I seem to remember.

Sponsored Links
woodgrain type fascia boards are usually colourfast but brown upvc isn't good as for guttering same applies, brown isn't perfect but should last ok why not black guttering on woodgrain fascia ?

To echo what Pinnacle69 says - we installed woodgrain fascia to a relative's house, must be over 10 years ago, and it still looks like the day it went up.

Foiled fascia now outlasts it's ten year guarantee, don't ever put gloss brown fascia on your house.

Freefoam do a brown gutter called Freeflow. It's co-extruded so white on the inside. It slows the fading process down by 'up to' 40%

We only started using Freeflow about 6 years ago and all our black and brown jobs are still mint. The downpipes seem to have lasted well too.

the dearest parts are the brown fascias & soffits, which back in the day some were just 'brown' upvc boards, and yes they faded. nowadadys they are 'foiled' with a coloured sheet in your chosen colour/pattern and they last a very long time. but the gutters are still one colour plastic and may fade quickly/slowly, however the gutters are not the dear part if the worst comes to worst. i think one company does do a foiled gutter profile £$£$

Thanks everyone for your comments once again the people on this site have come up with some great advice again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back