Kitchen Carcass Unit - Can I make my own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to make a couple 0f 450mm kitchen carcasses and buy a couple of gloss white doors for them (it is going in a cupboard so is not on display hence the 'budget' option).

Does anyone know where I can buy the wood to make these units? My units seem to be covered in a slightly vinyl material not just simple melamine covered chipboard.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, this is what I was looking for but like you say its probably cheaper just to buy them!

Sponsored Links
Melamine covered (laminated) is better than vinyl wrap.

If you can get a DIY shed to cut the pieces for you, they are likely to be squarer and more precise than you can cut yourself. The shed will probably sell contiboard or similar, and once cut, you can take the pieces home by car or bus.

I did some and used a dowelling jig to do the fixings, with one fixed shelf and a partial back in each to improve rigidity. I am not much good at woodwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back