man shed - what to do with a part sunk & crappy brick fl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi y'all

Just wondering if anyone could advise on how I should fix the floor of my man shed to be. It's an old brick outhouse about 10ft x 10ft the problem is the floor is just a layer of engineering bricks but some have started to sink and soil is appearing in some gaps and around some edges near the walls. I was thinking of either putting a damp proof membrane down and then baton it? And put chipboard flooring over (and then maybe a t&g floor on top? Or do I concrete it and put a wooden floor on top of that?
Help please as I am sure you all agree a man has the right to escape to his shed every now and then!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Whatever you do, you must lift the floor and start afresh.

Depending on various factors, could you not dig down and lay a DPM and then pour a concrete slab.

Perhaps read up on here for how others have laid similar floors?

I took a better look at it over the weekend, and it seems that only a few brick have sunk in one corner, everything else seems level. However it is not a nice looking floor. I want to board it out of put TG floor boards ontop. Can I do this easily or do I need to pull all the brick out and then address the soil (concrete) etc before looking at floor boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back