replace plastic door panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I see a few people on here wanting to fit cat flaps. I want to remove one. It is in the panel of a door, looks like plastic. The previous owner ( I just moved into house) has kept the original door panel, so he reckons the panel with the cat flap in it can be removed and the original panel without a cat flap put back in. It's not obvious how to do this - there is some sort of rubbery-looking seal strip say 1/4 inch, then a bevel strip say 1/2 inch, surrounding the panel. Anyone know how these doors fit together please? I don't want to break anything. TIA, Terry

Sponsored Links
If the removable beading is on the outside of the door I would say you need to remove the internal rubber then take the beading out. Don't forget to toe and heal the new panel

Ah thanks. Do you mean the outside of the door as outside the house ? Also I don't know what toe and heel means ! Any advice please? Ta, Terry

Sponsored Links
Ah, got same thing inside and outside looks like, sort of rubber/plastic seal then bevel-Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back