Fatness

So long as you realise that your opinion is out of step with facts, statistics and professional opinion.

We know the internet tends towards 50% twaddle on occasions, but do a little research on google and the overwhelming body of opinion points to the physical differences being the significant factor.

You have some links to material to support your argument, no doubt?

Sponsored Links
So, with this many overweight, it must be okay then?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25766253
So now, the money I have paid into the NHS will be provided to reduce the waistlines of those who will not help themselves, or their children, and no doubt, when they have to buy smaller size clothes, forced on them by the state, they will be subsidised from another fund that many of us have subscribed to but not used.

Happy? no. Got a choice? NO!

I am one of three, parents were not fat. We 3 did some kind of sports at school. I am the biggest coz I do weights [past 20yrs] Simple truth is you gotta want it. If you want to lose weight you either do more exercise or eat less or, both, there are no tricks or black magic. Fatties will always come the genetics, glands or some excuse like I ain't got the time. I decided that when my sport days were over I needed something to keep fit and strong. I have always admired Arnie so decided on bodybuilding with no 'roids, so I'm not a super size freak. However, I am strong. Failure is usual to those who can't grasp the fact that it has taken years to become fat and it's gonna take a long time to get fit, so they give up. Relying on scales is the biggest killer, best forget them and use a mirror. Also over doing things. Injuries are another excuse not to do exercise, work around them, I have no intention of ending up in hospital or being useless by lack of exercise, you are never too old you just gotta want it

The best way to lose weight is to cut out the carbs. You can have as much full fat dairy as you like - as experts are now discovering. The body will deal with fats if the carb intake is low and cholesterol levels actually reduce.

Sponsored Links
Fact. If you eat anything in a quantity more than your body uses you get fat. If you eat a high protein diet which is more than the body uses you get fat. This is the law for anything you eat. There are 3 body types, endo, ecto and mesomorph. Protein can come as complete or incomplete, carbs as simple or complex and fats as soluble and insoluble. I could rattle of loads and loads of complications and variables. However, it is a simple and indelible fact that if you want to lose weight eat less or do more. Cyclists such as 'Tour' riders eat a diet consisting of 7000 calories a day of foods that to most would kill them. Have you ever seen an overweight prof rider ?

I know someone who has been slim, (and sexy), all her life until about 4 years aA couple of vital nerves were severed which controlled muscle movement in the abdomen. As a result this poor girl now has a stomach that makes her look 6 months pregnant. There is nothing that can be done to rectify this but in all other respects she is healthy and fit. She also runs her own business and most days works at least 10-12 hours 6 days a week so she doesn't sit there all day watching JK.

My point is, don't assume that because someone is over weight they are greedy or lazy.

I don't. However, rice pudding legs, pigu arms and a triple chin displays greedy and idle. Disability is one thing, in saying this there are those who won't be deterred i.e, disabled athletes. Hats off to them.

However, it is a simple and indelible fact that if you want to lose weight eat less or do more. Cyclists such as 'Tour' riders eat a diet consisting of 7000 calories a day of foods that to most would kill them. Have you ever seen an overweight prof rider ?

I don't think you can extrapolate a professional athlete to us. I takes a certain sort of mentality, aptitude, almost sadistic streak to push yourself to the limits that make Michael Phelps be able to consume 12 000 Kcal a day, and not get fat, or Sir Chris Hoy vomit, after collapsing from his training bike.
I reckon for most of us, the good thing about exercise is increased muscle tone and CV health, but also the added pride that makes you less likely to trough that cake or chips. If you don't believe me, try this: get on a cross-trainer, and go at it for half an hour. See how many calories you've burned. I wouldn't be surprised if it is less than a couple of choccy biscuits' worth.

I give an example and some smart arse has to say something. I shall repeat. If you want to lose weight eat less or do more exercise. Easy even for the thickest to understand, surely. However, getting it in your bonce and actually doing it is the hard part. Do you really want it ?

Further, the first 10 mins of any weight loss exercise program won't burn off anything.

love it when fatties say they've 'tried' all the diets and exercise, when their idea of it is buying plus size jogging suits and walking on a treadmill for 4 minutes before getting 3 mcdonalds without their usual icecream and onion rings.

I give an example and some smart a**e has to say something.............. ?

I was under the impression thats what discussion forums were for. Silly me. :rolleyes:

'Roid-rage is a big problem with body builders. As well as the oversized body highlighting the tiny winkie in the posing pouch. ;)

And as for the men.................................. :LOL:

lol, at the end of the day I couldn't care less what any of you think or do. stay fat and/or unfit.

Oh, I don't know. Some would say that I'm slightly fat. My first wife says I'm perfect. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back