neighbours alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
my neighbour is away and their alarm has triggered and I don't know what to do I don't have a key or a phone number I do have the code though the panel is a scantronic 9200 and he is not answering his mobile

thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply I have silenced the alarm as I had found the key however they have been burgled so at least the alarm works can't believe it though at least I have an alarm as well I think everyone should have one well thanks again

Check for spiders round the pir and set the alarm again. Calling the Council's environmental health department to come and disconnect the bell will be very expensive for your neighbour - he'll not thank you for it!

If it goes off again on the same zone, omit this zone when you set it mext time.

Sponsored Links
Ooops... Sorry :oops:

It was late and I mis-read the punctuation-free post. I had thought it said "... burgled before". I also can't spell "next".

I'm embarrased... :oops: [/i]

Yep unfortunately they have been burgled obviously fled when alarm triggered they are coming back tomorrow so well shows how important alarms are thanks for the replys

Yep unfortunately they have been burgled obviously fled when alarm triggered they are coming back tomorrow so well shows how important alarms are thanks for the replys
Have items been stolen from the house ?

If the answer is yes then the alarm did not protect the property. It only alerted people that there had been a break in.

Well of course.

An alarm is not a lock or a gate

It may have some deterrent effect if the criminals know it works and thinks someone will respond quickly.

In this example it appears the keyholder had mislaid the key and did not respond until after the noise of the alarm became irritating, so perhaps they will come back.

I was just in the garden with my wife when I heard a bell and thought I had better check to see what it was and it was their alarm and no nothing appeared to have been stolen just a kicked open back door I called the police but they said it was low priority and thanks for the advice from people who helped

Once I used to live next door to a commercial pilot. One day while he was away, I heard an alarm going off in the street (I was in the back garden) and just thought it was a false alarm and so I ignored it.

Turned out he had been burgled and I only discovered it the next day when i saw his back door window was smashed and a internal door was open!

All they stole was the Alarm panel and something else of little value that I can't remember!

Once I used to live next door to a commercial pilot. One day while he was away, I heard an alarm going off in the street (I was in the back garden) and just thought it was a false alarm and so I ignored it.

Turned out he had been burgled and I only discovered it the next day when i saw his back door window was smashed and a internal door was open!

All they stole was the Alarm panel and something else of little value that I can't remember!
well my advice is never ignore an alarm you don't know if they have or haven't been burgled I never ignore them and my neighbours never ignore mine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back