Y PLAN SUNDIAL.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any problems you lot have had with pump & boiler running on all the while,

My problem is if I turn the heating on the boiler fires and pump runs.
However the room stat is an analog type and I disconnected the receiver unit.
Boiler still fires up but Y Valve does not motor.

Am thinking a back feed through the wiring centre it's the " Pcb type with link"

So just to be clear ch on on clock power to room stat common nothing on switch wire from room stat because I removed the receiver unit, no power on white wire. But I do have power on the orange wire :/

Possibly the programmer putting voltage out mind on htw on when I call for htg?

Your stabs in the dark are welcome?

Sponsored Links
If you are using a "HONEYWELL" PCB wiring centre, there are several links some of which need to be cut, one of the links is remote from the others and is the Timeclock Vs Full programmer link, this must be Cut otherwise symptoms you describe will be experienced ;)

It's been in for 4 years lol ! Do you know way number link boilerman2

If it's a twin channel programmer do you cut the link mate?

For Y plan cut L4 and L5, and cut L6 if you have pump overrun.
Instructions are inside the lid.

If you have pump overrun stat on the boiler, that could be sticking on?(Profiles were good at that)

Sponsored Links
Those wiring centres (note NOT Junction Boxes) are horrid.

I have had to take a few out where all sorts of weird things were going on even with the right links cut.

Out of interest... is the boiler you have connected a Wooshitter Botch?

But I do have power on the orange wire :/
What voltage are you reading, while it's connected to the boiler.
Not about 100 Volts AC by any chance?

Thanks Steel. I don't log in much now. Mostly the same old silly *****s here. Some of the silly *****s gone though.. :p

Ideal Icos dan items a eaga install. Am going to cut link 1 the programmer one, if than does not work am. Going to re wire the dam thing in to a a normal 10 way box.

Going back mate on Tuesday armed with 3 hrs to re wire system and on wire snips to cut link :LOL:

Or Re wire! Hoping this link will work ! Why does it make a difference if it's a twin channel digital programmer over a mechanical timer??

A time clock is a single channel unit so the link is there to ensure that both hot water and heating operate on the time switch, as a programmer is 2 channel, the link has to be cut so that each channel only operates it's dedicated duty ;)

Lovely! I did notice on my first visit this was not cut so I'll cut it!

Thanks mate

Thanks all sorted link 1 wasn't cut! I cut it & now all is fantastic! Saves me re wiring it 😉

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back